• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Plesk Obsidian on Windows Server 2019 Essentials - is it supported?

burnley

Regular Pleskian
Hi, given the recent developments with the Juicy Potato exploit we're looking at running Obsidian on Windows 2019 Essentials. Is this a tested combination? We're not interested in anything fancy like Active Directory integration, just run it as a basic Plesk shared hosting server. Feedback appreciated.
Thanks.

I am sure it should work. Why not test it via Virtualbox and using plesk trial licence :) I think if it can support IIS then it will be fine as that is all that is used from Plesk's Side. Everything else is thirdparty for example, Mailenable, Mariadb,Bind,etc.

I don't think the Plesk trial license will allow us to run 100+ subscriptions on the same 2019 Win Essential server, will it? I'm specifically interested in the limitations on the number of local users enforced by the Windows license. I've asked a similar question here, only to get a very vague response that didn't clarify anything:
Microsoft Windows Server 2008R2, Server 2012, Server 2012R2 and Server 2016 are vulnerable to Juicy Potato exploit
My question is rather simple: can we run Plesk Obsidian on Windows 2019 Essentials for 100+ subscriptions?

Your biggest issue is going to be licensing, though if you are using it to host, that's a separate hosting license for shared hosting

Back