• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Important Plesk Obsidian Releases

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.

Plesk Obsidian Release Candidate 3 (18.0.17) has been published.
Release Notes: Change Log for Plesk
To help us make Plesk better fill a short survey https://pt-research.typeform.com/to/szWk8h
To know what's new in upcoming Plesk Obsidian release see What's New in Plesk Obsidian
The Plesk Obsidian FAQ: FAQ for Plesk

Highlights

Panel Notifications
Panel Notifications is a new channel for delivering notification messages from Plesk and its extensions to Plesk users directly in Plesk UI. Panel Notifications provides methods for Plesk developers and ISV to send messages from various Plesk components and extensions, similar to how it is now done with Email Notifications. Important notification messages are shown as toasts to immediately draw the attention of the user. Plesk administrator can control whether panel notifications are shown through the panel.ini file.
image2019-7-23_19-54-19.png

All the available notifications – read and unread – are listed in a special drawer, accessible at the click of the Notifications icon. Here, messages can be viewed, removed or stored for later.
image2019-7-23_19-57-47.png

Plesk Administrator can manage the Panel Notifications settings at Tools & Settings / Notifications / Panel. The options currently available are – activating/deactivating certain messages and setting the period of time, after which the messages are automatically removed to avoid clutter.
image2019-7-23_20-1-37.png

Panel Notifications are currently only available for Plesk administrators. In the future, they should also become available to the rest of the users.

Email notification when mailbox quota is exceeded
Mailbox customers will receive a notification warning message if a mailbox quota has been reached over 95% limit.
Mailbox customers can see the actual information about mailbox storage disk space usage and its limits in the Horde and Roundcube webmail clients.
Plesk customers/partners can pre-configure (enable/disable) this feature before Plesk init by adding in the panel.ini configuration file the following newly introduced option:

[mail]
enableMailboxQuotaWarning = on (default)

quota2.png

Optimize the Website screen

Can you find all the changes? ;)

Was:
Screenshot 2019-07-29 at 18.17.01.png

Now:
Screenshot 2019-07-29 at 18.19.15.png

SNI for Mail: support SAN certificates

There was a problem with Postfix and SNI: imagine, you have a website "domain.com", and you have an SSL Certificate that covers domain.com and mail.domain.com. If you setup this certificate for your mail, it will work for domain.com, but will not work for mail.domain.com, i.e., if you specify mail.domain.com in the connection settings of your mail client, you'll receive TLS error.

Now, if an SSL Certificate covers mail.domain.com, this domain name will be secured and a user can specify mail.domain.com in the connection settings.

Note: if you renamed your domain or restored it from a backup and now face issues with your mail for a domain, assign an SSL/TLS certificate to the mail once again. This is a known issue that will be fixed soon.

SNI for Mail: accept Let's Encrypt certificates
In short - in case of SNI, Postfix incorrectly reads SSL certificates with CSR. Let's Encrypt certificates contains CSR. As a result, LE certificates don't work in Postfix in case of SNI.
We've implemented a workaround: Plesk removes a CSR part from a certificate before passing it to Postfix. So, now it works.

The new command-line 'branding' utility.

This utility brings an ability to set a Plesk custom logo and title.
Screenshot 2019-07-12 14.56.00.png

Besides this:

• Plesk supports the installation of PostgreSQL 10 for local and remote installations.
  • (Windows) MariaDB is now used as a database server for customers' websites on new installations of Plesk Obsidian. In case of upgrade, we recommend switching from MySQL to MariaDB (Tools & Settings > Updates can be used for that).
  • (Windows) Plesk administrators can now change the location of the customers' MySQL data directory in Plesk Reconfigurator.
  • Updated Plesk Welcome screen, Plesk initializing screen, etc shown when the Obsidian color scheme is selected
  • (Windows) Plesk administrators and customers can now choose in which mode IIS will run applications: the default 64-bit mode for new applications or optional 32-bit mode for old ones.
  • Updates of PHP, passenger, mod_security, roundcube, MariaDB server.

Deleted my message. Just realized there was a new build today and it is appears to be fixed in it :)

Last edited:
I think this updates 18.17 is one of the important updates for this version.
Except : the new website screen.

OKUaq3fR4Y.png

No offense to the effort but it looks separated icons for deffrent domain especially if there are more subdomain or some quick access in between : SEO Toolkit / WP / Git Repo

Add some more domains or subdomains and take a whole look to the separators on the page.

I'm not sure if I will be used to it or not, if this changes is meant to make the important icons first to see, then I like to inform you these icons already reachable

1- File Manager > httpdoc
2- Databases > databases tab
3- Mail > Mail tab.
4- Hosting Settings > Hosting Settings ( Rarely used )

I liked this only :

w0hWbSF9rJ.png

Thank you for the effort to make Plesk better.

Hi Shivam Paw,

I have an issue with Advanced Monitoring. Everything works! Except for Disk Usage which is blank

Could you please provide details about the server environment and screenshot(s)? Any information about your server (is it virtualized or not?) and disk (as an option, the output of 'df' command), the operating system will be helpful. What does "blank" mean, how it looks like (without graphs / graphs without data points / graphs with some error message / etc.)?

---

Everyone, if you have any feedback regarding Advanced Monitoring, you also can share it with us two other ways:
- In dedicated thread: Advanced Monitoring available as BETA with Plesk,
- By Email. Report bugs, missing features, and any other problems with the extension to [email protected].

I found out, that the Problem with Plesk Premium Antivirus is not caused by the Grafana Extension, since the error occurs also on server where grafana and advanced monitoring is not installed.

I tried to produce this error on a second server.
By deactivating the Plesk Premium Antivirus, E-Mail is working, if Plesk Premium Antivirus is active, outgoing and incoming email won't work!

Error for outgoing mails:

Antivirus filter report:
--- Antivirus report ---
Detailed report:
The filter fails to pass object to the DrWEB daemon

--- Antivirus report ---

Please contact <postmaster>.

Error for incoming Mails:

--- Antivirus report ---
Detailed report:
The filter fails to pass object to the DrWEB daemon

--- Antivirus report ---

The original message was stored in archive record named:
file was not created
Server with Centos 7.6.1810 and Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.16

Hi @urbanstudio,

This issue not related to Advanced Monitoring nor Plesk Obsidian. It looks like old issues with Plesk Premium Antivirus itself. Please check the following articles to fix the issue:
DrWeb notifications are received: The antivirus software failure
DrWeb problem "filter fails to pass object"

Hi Shivam Paw,

Could you please provide details about the server environment and screenshot(s)? Any information about your server (is it virtualized or not?) and disk (as an option, the output of 'df' command), the operating system will be helpful. What does "blank" mean, how it looks like (without graphs / graphs without data points / graphs with some error message / etc.)?

---

Everyone, if you have any feedback regarding Advanced Monitoring, you also can share it with us two other ways:
- In dedicated thread: Advanced Monitoring available as BETA with Plesk,
- By Email. Report bugs, missing features, and any other problems with the extension to [email protected].

I contacted bug support and they confirmed a bug for it.

Hi @urbanstudio,

This issue not related to Advanced Monitoring nor Plesk Obsidian. It looks like old issues with Plesk Premium Antivirus itself. Please check the following articles to fix the issue:
DrWeb notifications are received: The antivirus software failure
DrWeb problem "filter fails to pass object"

Hey Anthony,

the failure was caused by Advanced Monitoring, but after the removing Advanced Monitoring and Grafana Extension as well as Premium Antivirus, and reinstalling Plesk Premium Antivirus the plesk Premium Antivirus is working well again.
But After reinstalling Advanced Monitoring Extension this one is not working. So I wait for the next Update.

Hey Anthony,

the failure was caused by Advanced Monitoring, but after the removing Advanced Monitoring and Grafana Extension as well as Premium Antivirus, and reinstalling Plesk Premium Antivirus the plesk Premium Antivirus is working well again.
But After reinstalling Advanced Monitoring Extension this one is not working. So I wait for the next Update.

Hi @urbanstudio, thank you for clarifications.

I've re-checked internally, and you are right: the issue was caused by the fact that Grafana extension (used in Advanced Monitoring) and Premium Antivirus are using the same 3000 TCP port for work. This issue was fixed at Grafana 1.0.1 and delivered on 22nd July Grafana - Plesk Extensions

Now, Grafana will automatically choose another port if Premium Antivirus is working in the system. But, the opposite scenario was not fixed yet (will be fixed soon): if the Advanced Monitoring will be installed first, the Premium Antivirus will fail.

To summarize: to get both services working, you need to enable Premium Antivirus at first, and then install Advanced Monitoring (or Grafana) extension with the latest update. Hope it helps.

Hi @urbanstudio, thank you for clarifications.

I've re-checked internally, and you are right: the issue was caused by the fact that Grafana extension (used in Advanced Monitoring) and Premium Antivirus are using the same 3000 TCP port for work. This issue was fixed at Grafana 1.0.1 and delivered on 22nd July Grafana - Plesk Extensions

Now, Grafana will automatically choose another port if Premium Antivirus is working in the system. But, the opposite scenario was not fixed yet (will be fixed soon): if the Advanced Monitoring will be installed first, the Premium Antivirus will fail.

To summarize: to get both services working, you need to enable Premium Antivirus at first, and then install Advanced Monitoring (or Grafana) extension with the latest update. Hope it helps.
Hey Anthony,

As I described in Post: Plesk Obsidian Release Candidate 1 it is not working as you mentioned.

Right: Plesk Premium Antivirus works well.

But, after installing Advanced Monitoring (with grafana), Advance Monitoring is not working. The Service won't start. As you see in my other post, the config file has port 3000.
Changing the port will cause in working grafana, but Advanced Monitoring calls the port 3000.

I tried on different servers all with actual centOS and Plesk Obsidian (latest).

Hi urbanstudio,

If I understood correctly, you changed the Grafana's config-file manually; that's why Advanced Monitoring continues using 3000 port. In this case, the correct way is:
  1. Remove the Advanced Monitoring extension
  2. Remove the Grafana extension
  3. Install the Advanced Monitoring extension (it also will install the Grafana extension). It causes re-creating config files for Grafana non-conflicting with Premium Antivirus (Premium Antivirus should be installed and use 3000 port). After that, Advanced Monitoring and Grafana will use the same port together.

Hi urbanstudio,

If I understood correctly, you changed the Grafana's config-file manually; that's why Advanced Monitoring continues using 3000 port. In this case, the correct way is:
  1. Remove the Advanced Monitoring extension
  2. Remove the Grafana extension
  3. Install the Advanced Monitoring extension (it also will install the Grafana extension). It causes re-creating config files for Grafana non-conflicting with Premium Antivirus (Premium Antivirus should be installed and use 3000 port).
I only tried to change manually.

I already removed grafana and Advanced Monitoring and installed again.
And I did so now, but the service won't start. Same error as I described in post 865093: Plesk Obsidian Release Candidate 1

Hello,

I have a problem with the Wordpress toolkit. When I search for WP instances I receive this error:

Error
  • vhostmng-find failed: Segmentation fault
This error started since I imported a backup for a subscription...

Plesk smartermail 17 support , I think new plesk support smartermail 17 , Please allow existing email override for update setup so that already created email without plesk will be able to integrate smoothly

update functions not allowed for existing email

Thanks

Hi,

I'm glad to announce the next Plesk Obsidian Release Candidate 4 (18.0.18) has been published.

Release Notes: Change Log for Plesk

To help us make Plesk better fill a short survey https://pt-research.typeform.com/to/szWk8h

To know what's new in upcoming Plesk Obsidian release see What's New in Plesk Obsidian

The Plesk Obsidian FAQ: FAQ for Plesk

Highlights
Mail Autoconfig for Microsoft Outlook and Thunderbird clients (Plesk for Linux)
Users' Microsoft Outlook and Thunderbird mail clients can now be automatically configured based on entered emails.
mail1.png
mail2.png

Move domains: a main domain could be moved to another subscription
Plesk administrators and resellers can now move the main domain to a new subscription in the Plesk interface (Plesk administrators can do so also via the CLI).
move1.png

Panel Notifications
Added the following Plesk panel notifications:
  • Plesk updates are available.
  • A Plesk update/hotfix has been installed.
  • A Plesk update has not been installed.
  • Web Application Firewall: a new rule set or new rules have been installed.
panel1.png

Websites & Domains Dynamic List
Introduced the new "Dynamic List" mode to view the "Websites & Domains" screen. This mode groups controls of each website in blocks we call cards (similar to those in WordPress Toolkit).
list1.png

Besides this:
  • Introduced new icons of the main menu.
  • If SSL/TLS support for a website is turned off, the "Open website" button now opens
    the website via HTTP.
  • Improved the `X-XSS-Protection` response header of Plesk pages.
  • Updated the Plesk Installer interface. Now it is easier to install or upgrade to the latest version of Plesk Obsidian.
  • Improved deployment of Plesk Obsidian cloud images:
    * Significantly sped up the deployment (25 seconds now against 8 minutes earlier).
    * An actual deployment status is now shown. It is possible to see if the deployment finished successfully or with errors.
    * Plesk now installs available updates 30 minutes after deployment.
  • Updates of PHP, Nginx, MariaDB, MailEnable, .NET Core 2.x.
  • NET Core 1.0/1.1 dropped from Plesk distribution.

Reactions: Hex
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back