• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Onyx 17.8 Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the clarification.
In that case we will use PHP56 from DEB.SURY.ORG and link it into plesk

Ok, using the deb.sury.org repository surely messes with Plesk.
I've only added the repo first, before installing the panel and what it did was to automatically install both PHP 7.0 and 7.1 version from this repository and also mess up the php handlers. (as Plesk seems to be not aware of the possibility of having to deal with multiple PHP binarys from the OS)

Code:
root@server1:~# /opt/psa/bin/php_handler --list
                  id:        display name:  full version:  version:    type:                         cgi-bin:                    php-cli:                        php.ini:  custom:  status:
                  cgi  7.1.12 by OS vendor         7.1.12       7.1      cgi                 /usr/bin/php-cgi                /usr/bin/php        /etc/php/7.0/cgi/php.ini    false disabled
              fastcgi  7.1.12 by OS vendor         7.1.12       7.1  fastcgi                 /usr/bin/php-cgi                /usr/bin/php        /etc/php/7.0/cgi/php.ini    false disabled
                  fpm  7.0.26 by OS vendor         7.0.26       7.0      fpm             /usr/sbin/php-fpm7.0                /usr/bin/php        /etc/php/7.0/fpm/php.ini    false disabled
               module  7.1.12 by OS vendor         7.1.12       7.1   module                 /usr/bin/php-cgi                /usr/bin/php    /etc/php/7.0/apache2/php.ini    false disabled
      plesk-php70-cgi               7.0.26         7.0.26       7.0      cgi   /opt/plesk/php/7.0/bin/php-cgi  /opt/plesk/php/7.0/bin/php  /opt/plesk/php/7.0/etc/php.ini     true disabled
  plesk-php70-fastcgi               7.0.26         7.0.26       7.0  fastcgi   /opt/plesk/php/7.0/bin/php-cgi  /opt/plesk/php/7.0/bin/php  /opt/plesk/php/7.0/etc/php.ini     true disabled
      plesk-php70-fpm               7.0.26         7.0.26       7.0      fpm  /opt/plesk/php/7.0/sbin/php-fpm  /opt/plesk/php/7.0/bin/php  /opt/plesk/php/7.0/etc/php.ini     true  enabled
      plesk-php71-cgi               7.1.12         7.1.12       7.1      cgi   /opt/plesk/php/7.1/bin/php-cgi  /opt/plesk/php/7.1/bin/php  /opt/plesk/php/7.1/etc/php.ini     true disabled
  plesk-php71-fastcgi               7.1.12         7.1.12       7.1  fastcgi   /opt/plesk/php/7.1/bin/php-cgi  /opt/plesk/php/7.1/bin/php  /opt/plesk/php/7.1/etc/php.ini     true disabled
      plesk-php71-fpm               7.1.12         7.1.12       7.1      fpm  /opt/plesk/php/7.1/sbin/php-fpm  /opt/plesk/php/7.1/bin/php  /opt/plesk/php/7.1/etc/php.ini     true  enabled

I did then manually fix and clear up the naming and paths and will now test if I experience some unforseen problems due to this hickup.

Last edited:
The Plesk Installer seems to delete the mysql root user upon installation, but in case of Debian9 this is a bad idea and will lead to problems and error messages/mails like these:

Code:
/etc/cron.daily/logrotate:
mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
error: 'Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)'
error: error running shared postrotate script for '/var/log/mysql/mysql.log /var/log/mysql/mysql-slow.log /var/log/mysql/mariadb-slow.log /var/log/mysql/error.log '
run-parts: /etc/cron.daily/logrotate exited with return code 1

This is due to the fact that on Debian9 the debian-sys-maint user is no longer present/used and got "replaced" with a root user, configured to be authenticated
using the unix socket.

This is due to the fact that on Debian9 the debian-sys-maint user is no longer present/used and got "replaced" with a root user, configured to be authenticated
using the unix socket.
Thank you for report. Bug PPP-34190 has been submitted.

web hosting / Nginx web server

after installing plesk on a fresh Debian 9.3 server (Plesk Onyx
Version 17.8.8) is up to the restart everything very well ...

But after the restart the webspace does not start anymore

Plesk starts normally and has access but the domain does not start

After doing an init (init 3) (init 5) in debian the domain was online again

the error was quickly started via init.d ./nginx
delimit

after deinstallation of the Nginx web server
the system went on normally

please fix it

greeting Cobra

As you remember we postponed 17.8.9 Preview release in December, but now we are in 2018 already and we’ve just published the preview Change Log for Plesk

Killer Feature is Nginx Caching for your site:

image001.png

You will also get Power user mode as default view for new installations. Power user view provides a new on-boarding experience:
(Note: now you are not forced to create a domain to use power user view)

image002.png

You don’t need to install an extension to log in with Google, the extension is shipped and enabled by default:

image003.png

Additional changes:
  • Added support for dist-upgrade to Debian 9.
  • Dropped Tomcat support.
  • Improved experience for Cloud Backups regarding long term operations.
  • PHP engines have been updated to the latest available update.

install the Preview:

Code:
SITEBUILDER_17_8_7-dist | 2.9 kB 00:00
SITEBUILDER_17_8_7-thirdparty | 2.9 kB 00:00
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
* epel: ftp.uni-stuttgart.de
http://yum.mariadb.org/10.1/centos7-amd64/repodata/56d4e05ccd4f11840298e5a975af255d7ca114cd95afebaa47f8cdc05df676e0-filelists.sqlite.bz2: [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404 - Not Found
Trying other mirror.
To address this issue please refer to the below knowledge base article

https://access.redhat.com/articles/1320623

If above article doesn't help to resolve this issue please create a bug on https://bugs.centos.org/

NoMoreMirrorsRepoError: failure: repodata/56d4e05ccd4f11840298e5a975af255d7ca114cd95afebaa47f8cdc05df676e0-filelists.sqlite.bz2 from mariadb: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.
http://yum.mariadb.org/10.1/centos7-amd64/repodata/56d4e05ccd4f11840298e5a975af255d7ca114cd95afebaa47f8cdc05df676e0-filelists.sqlite.bz2: [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404 - Not Found
Error: The Yum utility failed to install the required packages.
Attention! Your software might be inoperable.
Please contact product technical support.

install the Preview:

Code:
SITEBUILDER_17_8_7-dist | 2.9 kB 00:00
SITEBUILDER_17_8_7-thirdparty | 2.9 kB 00:00
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
* epel: ftp.uni-stuttgart.de
Trying other mirror.
To address this issue please refer to the below knowledge base article

https://access.redhat.com/articles/1320623

If above article doesn't help to resolve this issue please create a bug on https://bugs.centos.org/

NoMoreMirrorsRepoError: failure: repodata/56d4e05ccd4f11840298e5a975af255d7ca114cd95afebaa47f8cdc05df676e0-filelists.sqlite.bz2 from mariadb: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.
Error: The Yum utility failed to install the required packages.
Attention! Your software might be inoperable.
Please contact product technical support.

Several things are going wrong here:
  1. MariaDB 10.1 repo isnt active by default, when following the Plesk KB article on MySQL to MariaDB 10.1 upgrade.
  2. To repair the Plesk install, Plesk calls "systemctl restart mysql" (or mysqld). Since MariaDB 10.1 is a drop-in according the KB article, the alias feature in systemd doesnt work. Therefore the "plesk repair installation" fails also.
Suggested professional solution:
  • Change the KB article on MySQL to MariaDB 10.1 upgrade, so that only the MariaDB10.1 repo is installed (default) and active for yum (not default).
  • "Plesk repair installation" and other services should NOT go blindly for a systemctl <command> mysql/mysqld and rely on the alias or a wrapper. Instead to correct systemd name should be used: mysql, mariadb, ...
  • The Plesk-upgrade or one-click-installation scripts should NOT use systemctl stop/start/restart mysql(d) if MariaDB is the default DB.

Last edited:
Several things are going wrong here:
  1. MariaDB 10.1 repo isnt active by default, when following the Plesk KB article on MySQL to MariaDB 10.1 upgrade.
  2. To repair the Plesk install, Plesk calls "systemctl restart mysql" (or mysqld). Since MariaDB 10.1 is a drop-in according the KB article, the alias feature in systemd doesnt work. Therefore the "plesk repair installation" fails also.
Suggested professional solution:
  • Change the KB article on MySQL to MariaDB 10.1 upgrade, so that only the MariaDB10.1 repo is installed (default) and active for yum (not default).
  • "Plesk repair installation" and other services should NOT go blindly for a systemctl <command> mysql/mysqld and rely on the alias or a wrapper. Instead to correct systemd name should be used: mysql, mariadb, ...
  • The Plesk-upgrade or one-click-installation scripts should NOT use systemctl stop/start/restart mysql(d) if MariaDB is the default DB.

Workaround:
  • The MariaDB installation as a drop-in "kills" the alias directive of mariadb.service.
  • To (re-)generate alias, symlinks and connections: "systemctl daemon-reload", "systemctl enable mariadb" after upgrading to Mariadb 10.1

Under debian 9 if I set certificate for email I cannot login to my inbox and I see error in log file 'ssl key error'.
I use postfix and dovecot

dovecot: imap-login: Fatal: Couldn't parse private ssl_key

Last edited:
Under debian 9 if I set certificate for email I cannot login to my inbox and I see error in log file 'ssl key error'.
I use postfix and dovecot

dovecot: imap-login: Fatal: Couldn't parse private ssl_key
Please check in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf ssl lines. They should be with '<' symbol like:

ssl_cert = </....
ssl_key = </...

instead of

ssl_cert = /....
ssl_key = /...

Hi, yes there is

ssl_cert = </....
ssl_key = </...

but not work

Jan 15 07:26:02 plesk178 dovecot: imap-login: Fatal: Couldn't parse private ssl_key: error:0906D06C:pEM routines:pEM_read_bio:no start line: Expecting: ANY PRIVATE KEY
Jan 15 07:26:02 plesk178 dovecot: master: Error: service(imap-login): command startup failed, throttling for 2 secs

Please check in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf ssl lines. They should be with '<' symbol like:

ssl_cert = </....
ssl_key = </...

instead of

ssl_cert = /....
ssl_key = /...

Hello,

I have a similar (or the same) issue on two servers running with Plesk Onyx v17.8.9. The first one run with Debian 8 and the other one with Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS

Postfix error log :

Code:
Jan 18 08:38:27 plesk postfix/smtpd[2585]: warning: cannot get RSA certificate from file "/etc/postfix/postfix.pem": disabling TLS support
Jan 18 08:38:27 plesk postfix/smtpd[2585]: warning: TLS library problem: error:0906D06C:PEM routines:PEM_read_bio:no start line:pem_lib.c:701:Expecting: TRUSTED CERTIFICATE:
Jan 18 08:38:27 plesk postfix/smtpd[2585]: warning: TLS library problem: error:140DC009:SSL routines:SSL_CTX_use_certificate_chain_file:PEM lib:ssl_rsa.c:708:

Dovecot error log :
Code:
Jan 18 08:35:48 plesk dovecot: imap-login: Fatal: Can't load ssl_cert: There is no valid PEM certificate. (You probably forgot '<' from ssl_cert=<)

After checking dovecot and postfix configuration, I have noticed the two files dovecot.pem and postfix.pem which should be the letsencrypt ssl certificates are empty.
And trying to renew or to apply another SSL certificate from the Plesk interface doesn't fix it.

The only way I have found was to restore them, but it was possible only because I use an external image disk backup system. Should I open a new thread in reports ?

I have also an other problem: MySQL access denied for root@localhost but I see permission of user root and bind-address in my.cnf and I not see problem.
I see because I have an email of error of logrotate task.

/etc/cron.daily/logrotate:
mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
error: 'Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)'
error: error running shared postrotate script for '/var/log/mysql/mysql.log /var/log/mysql/mysql-slow.log /var/log/mysql/mariadb-slow.
log /var/log/mysql/error.log '
run-parts: /etc/cron.daily/logrotate exited with return code 1

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back