• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk Onyx Preview and FeedBack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will upgrading to Plesk Onyx from 12.5 require us to reconfigure our server settings such as httpd/2, ssl stapling, etc., currently setup in 12.5?

Hi all,
after update to 17.0.16 and go in system update i receive this error:

"Non è possibile ottenere la lista dei pacchetti: pum failed: 2016-09-14 19:07:04 INFO: pum is called with arguments: ['--list', '--repo-info', '--json'] 2016-09-14 19:07:04 ERROR: Update operation was locked by another update process (Plesk installer or pum). Worker process finished incorrectly. log_execv returned 100 log_execv: Success"

Anyone can help me?
thanks
Bye
Giuseppe

Hi Giuseppe,

did you notice this little part?
ERROR: Update operation was locked by another update process (Plesk installer or pum)

It states clear, that ANOTHER process interferes with the actual process and therefore can't be finished correctly. Pls. make sure to stop/kill other active Plesk installer or pum - processes ( you can check them with for example "ps aux | grep installer" or/and "ps aux | grep pum" ).​

Hi Giuseppe,

did you notice this little part?

It states clear, that ANOTHER process interferes with the actual process and therefore can't be finished correctly. Pls. make sure to stop/kill other active Plesk installer or pum - processes ( you can check them with for example "ps aux | grep installer" or/and "ps aux | grep pum" ).​

Thanks.... i can read...

I tre to resolve problem myself.

Bye
Giuseppe

Plesk Onyx 17.0.16 preview is now available. Finally, Ubuntu 16.04 support is now on the menu! Here's the full changelog:

14 September 2016
Plesk Onyx 17.0.16
  • The ability to add additional services to service plans and subscriptions was added to Plesk SDK.
  • The event listener fixing the permissions of the wp-config.php file now works even if the WordPress Toolkit extension is not installed.
  • The stability of backing up to an FTP repository has been improved.
  • The default Plesk skin was updated.
  • Information about SSL/TLS certificates securing the mail server and webmail is now included in Plesk backups.
  • Adding an SSL/TLS certificate to a domain’s certificate repository erased the certificates present in its subdomains’ certificate repositories. (PPP-25275)
  • Mail accounts with access to Plesk but no mailbox could not be restored from Plesk backups. (PPP-25403)
  • Installing both the Docker and the Amazon Route 53 extensions on a Plesk server resulted in issues with signing in. (PPP-23643)
  • Certain Plesk backup error messages were non-informative. (PPP-25360)
Linux
  • Ubuntu 16.04 is now supported.
  • Dist-upgrade from Ubuntu 14.04 to Ubuntu 16.04 is now supported.
  • MySQL Community Edition support was added to Plesk. (v5.6 is supported; v5.7 has open issue, will be resolved till RTM)
  • Plesk System Updates tool now logs its output to a separate file.
  • Plesk System Updates tool now checks for the activity of other package management tools.
  • Plesk now displays notifications about resource limits and thresholds being achieved.
  • Starting with Plesk Onyx, 32-bit Plesk templates for Virtuozzo will no longer be shipped.
  • Plesk can now be installed on Ubuntu 14.04 and 16.04 servers with AppArmor enabled.
  • Failed Plesk upgrades sometimes resulted in the ‘apsc.aps_application_resource’ table being removed from the ‘apsc’ database. (PPP-25200)
  • On Centos 5 servers, after upgrading to Plesk Onyx, trying to call a Plesk CLI utility via the ‘plesk bin’ shortcut resulted in an error. (PPP-22853)
  • On Ubuntu 12.04 x64 servers with AppArmor enabled, the BIND DNS Server could not be started. (PPP-18290)
  • Trying to access Tools & Settings > Services Management resulted in an error if the ‘resource controller’ component was installed and enabled, but its configuration was missing from the Plesk database. (PPP-25364)
  • Scheduled tasks were executed in different environments depending on whether the user pressed ‘Run Now’ on the ‘Scheduled Tasks’ screen the ‘Edit Task’ screen. (PPP-25575)
  • On CloudLinux 7 x64 servers, issues could occur with the System Updates tool because the default system repositories were specified incorrectly. (PPP-25528)
Windows
  • Horde now uses PHP 5.6.
  • On Plesk servers with Web Presence Builder installed and WPB debug logging enabled, accessing the Backup Manager resulted in an error. (PPP-25433)
  • Creating a mail account resulted in an empty error message if specific settings were missing from the Plesk database. (PPP-25507)
  • AWStats statistics were sometimes calculated incorrectly for domains that were assigned as the default domain for an IP address. (PPP-25499)
  • Kaspersky Anti-Virus virus database was not updated. (PPP-25701)
  • Mail from email addresses added to the black list was delivered instead of being deleted. (PPP-22878)

Will upgrading to Plesk Onyx from 12.5 require us to reconfigure our server settings such as httpd/2, ssl stapling, etc., currently setup in 12.5?

Hi Gregory,

Nope, no reconfiguration required -- we aim to avoid any disrupting changes to customer data and server configuration upon upgrade.

After setting up latest Onyx release on clean ubuntu 16.04, I've gone to UI via special login url, tried to proceed with IP addresses initial form, contact info form and license uploading form - on each of these form after submission I got this error:

Internal error: StatInfo->getProductVersion failed: sysinfo failed: sysinfo: get_device: Cannot chdir to /var/lib/lxcfs System error 22: Invalid argument

Message StatInfo->getProductVersion failed: sysinfo failed: sysinfo: get_device: Cannot chdir to /var/lib/lxcfs System error 22: Invalid argument
File functions.php
Line 89
Type PleskFatalException
Go To Previous Page

Search for related Knowledge Base articles​

@Dominor, thank you for your bug report.
Could you copy&paste "special login URL" to the thread or to me privately, it could give us an additional information.

same bug here like Dominor and when I click "Server Information" I have this:

Internal error: StatInfo->getActiveDomainsNumber() failed: sysinfo failed: sysinfo: get_device: Cannot chdir to /var/lib/lxcfs System error 22: Invalid argument

Message StatInfo->getActiveDomainsNumber() failed: sysinfo failed: sysinfo: get_device: Cannot chdir to /var/lib/lxcfs System error 22: Invalid argument
File class.SystemStatisticsForm.php
Line 125
Type PleskFatalException

But I think it s a bug with Virtualbox.

@Dominor do you use Virtualbox?

same bug here like Dominor and when I click "Server Information" I have this:

Internal error: StatInfo->getActiveDomainsNumber() failed: sysinfo failed: sysinfo: get_device: Cannot chdir to /var/lib/lxcfs System error 22: Invalid argument

Message StatInfo->getActiveDomainsNumber() failed: sysinfo failed: sysinfo: get_device: Cannot chdir to /var/lib/lxcfs System error 22: Invalid argument
File class.SystemStatisticsForm.php
Line 125
Type PleskFatalException

But I think it s a bug with Virtualbox.

@Dominor do you use Virtualbox?
I'm running Azure VPS

Cannot chdir to /var/lib/lxcfs System error 22: Invalid argument
Look:

# mount | grep lxc
lxcfs on /var/lib/lxcfs type fuse.lxcfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=0,group_id=0,allow_other)

# /etc/init.d/lxcfs status
* lxcfs.service - FUSE filesystem for LXC

You can try just stop this service for unmounting this /var/lib/lxcfs:

# /etc/init.d/lxcfs stop
[ ok ] Stopping lxcfs (via systemctl): lxcfs.service.

# mount | grep lxc
#

After that configure Plesk.

Look:

# mount | grep lxc
lxcfs on /var/lib/lxcfs type fuse.lxcfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=0,group_id=0,allow_other)

# /etc/init.d/lxcfs stop

# mount | grep lxc
#

I've completed Plesk configuration just manualy going to base url of plesk (eg. https://ip:8443/ without other url parts) and it was successful, but in some areas - error still occurs.

Is this a fix/workaround? won't it disable any relevant services?

Look:

# mount | grep lxc

# /etc/init.d/lxcfs stop

# mount | grep lxc
#

Yeah now that work well without bug when I click in "Server Information"

sysinfo failed: sysinfo: get_device: Cannot chdir to /var/lib/lxcfs System error 22: Invalid argument
Please use attached sysinfo for fixing this issue.

Attachments

• sysinfo-fix.ubuntu16.04-x64.zip
    43.2 KB · Views: 16
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back