• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk reports proper backup size for some domains, but not all

Paul Larson

Basic Pleskian
Across my Plesk Onyx servers, I use the '/usr/local/psa/bin/site' utility for internal stat tracking purposes.

I've noticed that while backups are enabled and functional for all domains, it only seems to calculate properly for a few subscriptions.

Consider example-a.com and example-b.com:

# /usr/local/psa/bin/site -i example-i.com | grep "backup"

Total size of backup files in local storage:0 B

# /usr/local/psa/bin/site -i example-b.com | grep "backup"

Total size of backup files in local storage:41.9 MB

====

The Plesk GUI settings for backup seem identical. The only difference I can discern is the backup location of each domain, specifically:

/var/lib/psa/dumps/domains/example-a.com (does NOT calculate stats)
/var/lib/psa/dumps/clients/my-name/domains/example-b.com (works!)

Is there some reason backup usage stats are only calculated for /dumps/clients domains, or is that a red herring?

Hello Paul,

Could please please provide output of the following command?:

# plesk db "select * from misc where param = 'include_admindumps';"

Is there a Plesk 17.5.3 upgrade path to 17.8?
Well I assume you have in plesk panel > Tools & Settings > Update and Upgrade Settings > Plesk release tiers > General release (Recommended) selected
at the moment the update to 17.8 will be available only if you select early adopter in plesk panel. But also read carefuly what early Adopter mean...

Last edited:
Look at the option Tools & Settings > Server Settings > backup files created by the administrator. It is unchecked by default.

Thanks. I've confirmed that. Plesk 17.8 install still does not report the proper domain size. I've confirmed "backup files created by administrator" is checked.

A vast majority of the domains on my server report "Total size of backup files in local storage:0 B" when I run the command:

/usr/local/psa/bin/site -i example.com | grep "backup"

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-05-30 12.25.15.png
    Screenshot 2018-05-30 12.25.15.png
    54.9 KB · Views: 3
Just a hunch. Because some domains on the server do report a backup size, I wonder if those domains that were migrated from another Plesk install are the issue.

Back