• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Power Toys 3.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ideea is that we are done in that way that is for dummy admins and for advanced ones as well.
How is working.

We offer for the moment 2 templates (any new ones can be added in the future. We offer now open_basedir change and PHP Error_log (sometimes is required for debugging scripts.

After this we redirect to a new page where you get for your domain the templates to copy/paste.

BUT if you are GOOD you can add your own rules, but you need to be a PRO for this.
We overwrite the VHOST CONF after this step.

Ok,

Let´s try again....

1. to be usable under FreeBSD some paths must be changed under

vhost_writer.php / vhost_writer.sh

alias.sh / unalias.sh

ans probably in wraper :)

please remember the BSD monolitic install ...the vhost must be in

/usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/$1/conf/vhost.conf

in the original scrips the path is

/home/httpd/vhosts/$1/conf/vhost.conf

2. In the case of rewrite rule... I only sugestes some "dumb mode" in php file where you map some thing like this...

RewriteEngine On
RewriteLog "/usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/$1/statistics/logs/access_log combined rewrite_log"
RewriteLogLevel 0
RewriteRule ^/local/ - [L]
RewriteRule ^/(.*) http://$1:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/%{HTTP_HOST}:80/$1 [L,P]

where we have the option in interface, to put the port where the zope(whatever you need) run under.

Tia.

$PRODUCT_ROOT_D = $conf->getValue("PRODUCT_ROOT_D");
$HTTPD_VHOSTS_D = $conf->getValue("HTTPD_VHOSTS_D");

We use /etc/psa/psa.conf to read paths ...

I hope we did not forget anywhere to use this :))

hummm strange.... I saw this problem in logs pointing to this paths... and lik I said in the files itself :)

But no prob ... it's easy to repair.....

Yes, beta 2 for PT 3.5 will be out today. It will not be public, to not harm any server, so who want to test it, drop me a message and I will include in beta.

On Freebsd 5.3
I got

Checking if the user is root....
[: : bad number
You don't have root privileges and the instalation cannot continue.
Please login as the root user and restart the instalation.

error from ssh.

I logined as root....

Ivalics, was wondering if you had plans on expanding your Custom DNS module to include TXT, DNAME, any IPv6??

Edit: Upon further investigation, I see your PowerToys just give a nicer interface to the Plesk entries....

So the question then becomes, if Plesk now supports TXT, why can I not select it in PowerToys?

I'd love to, but I'm still learning IPv6 myself.

Do you still have a Plesk 6.02 compatible (stable) version available?

Wow, editing vhost.conf? That would be a great tool! Looking forward to try it.

Sam

It is already done here, tested as beta and seems to work ... We need only to package it, do the installer, just the time is limited and is postponed. :-(

IPv6 records utilize "AAAA" in bind. You can manually adjust your MySQL Database to handle this, but be warned, it's automatically reset on updates, and any records that HAD it will have to be corrected or the dns for that domain will be down.

I highly discourage anyone without mysql knowledge doing this. Those of you who know what you're doing, it's not too hard. Modify the dns_recs table for type to include AAAA. Then read over a few of the records that exist for any specific domain, create a new table entry (following their pattern) to add your IPv6 address.

Again, be forwarned, doing this WILL RESULT IN PROBLEMS. during updates, as it will break dns until you re-adjust the table OR delete the IPv6 records. This is highly discouraged. As long as you understand that, you'll be ok.

OK, public beta for version 3.5 is here.

http://www.grafxsoftware.com/util/installer_35_pb.sh

and upgrade from 3.4 is here

http://www.grafxsoftware.com/util/upgrade_35_pb.sh

What is new:
- VHOST.CONF editor with some predefined templates
- Domain alias

Please be very carefull, we suggest to use this 2 features to only who knows also some Linux (SSH). The reason is that we write in named.conf a line on install (is an include), so is there a possibilities to not reload named, so check it after a domain alias. I said there is a possibility, not that will happens 100%.

On vhost.conf, also check if everything goes well on first 1-2 settings and if yes, then will work.

As we observed on a few system not work PowerToys as we epected, especially when is on VPS system, it is not work at all.

We are not responsable if Power Toys will do any problem on a system, use it on your own risk.
The tools cannot be harm to the system, just on a missconfiguration apache or DNS will not reload, but can be easily fixed from SSH.

We wait for feedback.

Ivalics, I had installed v3.4 with no problems, just tried running the upgrade script and got these errors:

Installing:
Creating /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/psapt3.
Extracting data.
data.sh: command substitution: line 1: unexpected EOF while looking for matching
`"'
data.sh: command substitution: line 3: syntax error: unexpected end of file
data.sh: command substitution: line 1: unexpected EOF while looking for matching
`"'
data.sh: line 1: !@$^O]D4[S^EYK=_TTG^?O_NLI!3[^+OSE%&9>B#[<OUJ!*K31X?N54HMG)TW#.
.=/.7/D5)
MB1YMGFKB]JS?XM
M1'MD2NN!^(MN8ZIC/ESK5Q?K3BW&Y/3EK_"2K<&,J66Y"3"=#0(KB_LQ[;
MB:$:<A(*;"TSE)_4(_Q,*>3Y#YGZQ/"_LEG^_@=\E9N=_]-(GN?_!M3GMLIK
M&Z7:FTUR#^.)_F5=B>)MNEDNU<NW2AN`!RPN+MI7HX2!H+!]JPJDPMB-KF_4
MZ^NE6GGX&LD.N!C]8["Y`8.\7=\[FX<-WZC4MF&\HJ/]@6-,X)P:HK+\.ZVO
MJ\=JW?>=5O+X)F3E`]@,IH_U@*8.LL/KEX67!WR>D[;>,DX6.\:>RLM30A@: No such file or di
rectory
data.sh: line 10: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'
data.sh: line 10: `MAH2D:WRI88S_!DQ8HWT(#S7X\@EM+GY%3L,=];+[>4U0^L;&=FF33F772P'S
'
I've downloaded it again, and get the same error. Just thought I'd let you know. Thanks for all your great work (you too Spyder!)!

Just in case you need to know,

RH9 installed from DVD
Plesk 7.5.2
used ART's yum repository to update RH9 base and Plesk 7.5.2, but other than that, pretty standard box.
This box is still in testing and waiting for 7.5.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back