• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Power Toys 3.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Ivalics. The upgrader now works. I'll let you know if I see any other problems.

Minor bug? If a person goes into the Custom DNS, and does *not* put anything there and clicks to save, the addition of

include "/etc/psaptzone.files";\n\n

at the end of the named.conf file will cause named to crash and not restart since the file actually does not exist.

Gee, I like testing... I can do stuff even some of the newbies won't do....lol And I'd much rather test your stuff than the new 7.5.3

please check /etc/named.conf if is there

include "/etc/psaptzone.files";

not need the \n\n wondering why is there.

Yes, the whole thing was there, including the \n\n. (in named.conf)

But the actual file '/etc/psaptzone.files' was never created, I assumed since I had not actually entered anything into the input fields.

We will check this.

/etc/psaptzone.files = with NAMED_RUN_ROOT_D /var/named/run-root
so full path is

/var/named/run-root/etc/psaptzone.files

check this please.

Yes, the file does exist in /var/named/run-root/etc , does not exist in /etc .

I was looking in /etc since that was the path specified in the named.conf file.

Plesk 7.5.2 on RH9, named has always been setup by Plesk installer in /var/named/run-root/... even under Plesk 6.xx, don't know about other OSs default paths.

Thanks again for your great work!

/etc/named.conf is a symlink ... this is why you find it there.

anyone other feedbacks ?
VHOST editing especially? this is unique :))

Misunderstanding: what I meant was that in the named.conf file PowerToys had added the line '/etc/psaptzone.files;\n\n' to the end of the named.conf file.

Since it made reference to '/etc' for the location of the psaptzone.files, I had checked the /etc folder for existence of the file. I didn't think to check the /var/named/run-root/etc folder (now I realize I should have).

I do realize about the symlink (hehe).

I'll do testing on the VHosts tomorrow. I'm pooped out for today.

Thanks again.

I've got the beta running on Debian Sarge too. Good piece of software, just had to make a small change in the installer-script (chown named:named had to be replaced by chown bind:bind) and I had to install sysutils, since they're not installed by default in Debian.

We will try to see how can we identify if is debian and then to change to bind:bind

Any other feedbacks?

When stable release planned? And please pack it with uninstaller for old versions and this version too :)

.. and i hope that in 3.5 we can send plain text mail (not only html) and have in Password Revealer, username and password of the Clients. This will allow us to send a complete "welcome mail" to new Clients within Power Toys.

...many of us are waiting for this option since long time :)

Something I'd like to see would be the saving of templates when updating.
It's a bit of a pain having to redo the email templates after each update... essentially an update doesn't seem to be a backup of anything, but a remove/install... it isn't saving anything from the older version.
Any chance?

When stable release planned? And please pack it with uninstaller for old versions and this version too

2-3 days, so far nothing seriously come back, so seems that software work well. Only in named.conf need to be fixed a small error on installing.

We will add an uninstaller as well in this version from PLESK panel. Is OK to be in PLESK or should be shell script?

.. and i hope that in 3.5 we can send plain text mail (not only html) and have in Password Revealer, username and password of the Clients. This will allow us to send a complete "welcome mail" to new Clients within Power Toys.

OK, we will work on this, is not hard to send TEXT mail (by choosing from PLESK or can send both and mailer decide what to choose.
On CLIENT we will include in 3.6, dunno if we can ad to this version, but we will test if is choosed list all clients domain, to include clients details s well.

Something I'd like to see would be the saving of templates when updating.
It's a bit of a pain having to redo the email templates after each update... essentially an update doesn't seem to be a backup of anything, but a remove/install... it isn't saving anything from the older version.

Saqving templates, right, sorry, we missed this :-(, can be fixed.
An upgrade so far just not installed in MySQL again data. The rest is same as on installing. We will fix this.

OK, we will work on this, is not hard to send TEXT mail (by choosing from PLESK or can send both and mailer decide what to choose. On CLIENT we will include in 3.6, dunno if we can ad to this version, but we will test if is choosed list all clients domain, to include clients details s well.

I remember you that html mail often are signed as spam and also i think that plain text mail is more professional and secure for a "remember password tool". I really hope will you find the time to include in PT 3.5 "Password Revealer" Client username and password ... hope it's hard to die ;)

You know what would be great?
I have no clue how one would impliment this, but these days security is a top priority, right? What about a way to digitally sign emails being sent that contain the passwords? This way the end user would know in advance, and feel safe in knowing that the email and the passwords were in no way tampered with, and are completely secure from interception.

I think what Mr.Yes is asking is not so difficult to do for lvalics but very usefull for all, hope i will see in 3.5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back