• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Power Toys 3.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by SITEDinamico
After trying to install it over the command line, i get this error:

Problem solved. thank you all.

To lvalics: I've translated Power Toys into Portuguese (Iberian), are you interested in this lang file to release it with next version?

I'm sorry, but what sense of use DNS editor if Plesk have nice one?

It was ported from older version, will be deprechated latr or maybe will be add some features what PLESK not cover.

lvalics
regards, thanks for keeping up with psapt

i would love to let you know that the alias doesnt work on my box (Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 3 (Taroon Update 5) - Plesk 7.5.3 Reloaded)

The files it says that it edit, in fact it doesnt edit them.
Here is a list of files what we have modified.

/var/named/run-root/etc/psaptzone.files
/var/named/run-root/include/superclon.net
/home/httpd/vhosts/superclon.com/conf/vhost.conf
/var/qmail/control/virtualdomains
/var/qmail/control/rcpthosts

on my shell:
[root@swordfish root]# cat /var/named/run-root/etc/psaptzone.files
[root@swordfish root]# cat /var/named/run-root/include/superclon.net
cat: /var/named/run-root/include/superclon.net: No such file or directory
[root@swordfish root]# cat /home/httpd/vhosts/superclon.com/conf/vhost.conf
cat: /home/httpd/vhosts/superclon.com/conf/vhost.conf: No such file or directory

and it is not added to the virtualdomains nor rcpthosts files.

regards,

Can be the following possibilities.
1. wrapper.c file was not compilled (check for wrapper file).
2. dos2unix did not converted wrapper.c to get out ^M lines and can be corruppted.
3. check if your named root is /var/named/run-root/ and if is there an include directory (maybe installer did not created)
4. /home/httpd/vhosts/superclon.com/conf/vhost.conf: No such file or directory is very strange, where is your virtual home files??

Seems that on your box the paths are different.

2 little problems:
- when updating email-template (template changer) i get an error "The template is not writable". I did a chmod 766 but no change. I tried to download the files and editing on my computer and upload again, but then i get an error about "missing array".
- Our Server has two IP-Adresses (10.x.x.x and 80.x.x.x). The first is only internal, the second is the official one. Password-revealer does automaticly take the first one for links to cp. Can it be changed (without setting it static?)
Anyone any hints?
Greetings,
ProfiTiger

Not all systems have dos2unix, but I think they all have tr

Maybe try this:

tr -d '\r' < infile > outfile

OK, TX, you can take a look at installer.sh and see how can we detect is debian or other OS and help us how to use on Debian for example bind:bind instead of named:named

Originally posted by lvalics
OK, TX, you can take a look at installer.sh and see how can we detect is debian or other OS and help us how to use on Debian for example bind:bind instead of named:named

You can detect what OS by checking some files. E.g. if there is no /etc/redhat-release file - that's not redhat system etc.

We are not so good in shell scripting and require some time to research, this is why I thought if someone can help us, is better :)

Hi,

Where can I find more info about Plesk Power Toys?

I'd like to read something more about the features and maybe see some screenshot before installing them on my Plesk production server.

Thanks.

Plesk 7.5.3, Psa Power Tools 3.5. Fresh install.

Attempted to use vhost writing tool (as provided in psa). System fails to save file, looses all data, and I'm out int he cold if I already had data in the vhost.conf file.

Had issues, on install, with wrapper.c (forced compile from source, commented out lines. Had issues, on install, with an attempted created dir (mkdir dns.../include, which already exists on my RHFC2 box.). Commented out, problem resolved, installed fine.

When compiling the wrapper source, I issued the exact command as issued from the shell (gcc wrapper.c -o wrapper) with no issues. I continued with the "strip" of wrapper, and placement in the /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/psapt3/wrapper location.

ls -al

From a box that didn't have issues with install shows...

-rwsr-xr-x 1 root root 3988 May 23 11:15 wrapper

From the non-working vhost.conf editor machine...

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 3988 May 24 10:22 wrapper

However, I've been unable to confirm the issue doesn't exist on the second machine (the one without issues to install), as its a test server, not a production server.

To be onest I do not have an ideea why is not work on other server and on test server work. should work :-((
We will work on this wraper, is not perfect yet.

Ivalics,

can you give me a simple trick?

When i send from Password Revealer the account details to a Client , the mail sent is From emailclient@ .. to emailclient@... i would like is always From "email admin server", is it possible?

I don't know if i explained fine my request :)

I've finally played with the latest version which includes a very much extended version of my domain alias script. Great work lvalics! I really like that you've added the DNS configuration as well.

May I suggest two things for it?

The first is to have it maintain a list of aliases so that when the virtualdomains and rcpthosts files get knocked out by an upgrade or by renaming a domain, you can provide an option to easily re-build them. I still use my command-line scripts, and I've added support to them for this, but I don't think my solution would work well with the GUI. Maybe we could create a table in the psa database to store aliases, and then refer back to that?

The second is to invoke the "Domain created" event handler when creating a new alias. I use this event handler to have my secondary DNS automatically configured. Plesk lets you run these events as any user, so this would require something like the wrapper you already created for suexec actions from the scripts.

I think the first item is kind-of a "must have". Either way admins need to be warned that certain events will remove email aliases, and they need some way to re-create them.

The second item is just nice to have. I don't personally need these features since I'm still using my command line versions anyway.

Congratulations on your continued excellent work! If it were up to me I'd get SW-Soft to hire you. :)

The first is to have it maintain a list of aliases so that when the virtualdomains and rcpthosts files get knocked out by an upgrade or by renaming a domain, you can provide an option to easily re-build them. I still use my command-line scripts, and I've added support to them for this, but I don't think my solution would work well with the GUI. Maybe we could create a table in the psa database to store aliases, and then refer back to that?

To be onest I do not want to do something what was done by others (4PSA). That module from them do very well the job and I think to do a same work is just a waste of a time. We have done this because we needed here as well. If someone want to support us with donations, then we do it.
If not, we will do things what is really missing from PLESK and from 3rd party products. I think you agree.

We can add command line scripts, send it and we can see if can be added.

Congratulations on your continued excellent work! If it were up to me I'd get SW-Soft to hire you.

:D - then should hire all of our team, cause is a team work. I'm just an interface to you ... and project manager.

By the way, we are working on a 3rd party add-on which will be liked by 90% of admins and will be unique in PLESK.

A big thanks to your whole team then! I look forward to seeing what you've put together.

I didn't know that 4psa offered a tool that provides domain alises. I had a brief look but didn't see anything obvious in their product list... Does Total Domains offer this?

Thanks again!

Hi all,

First of all, great job to the PowerToys team!, I discovred it last days, and it's very good application.

I wanted to use the Alias tool, but what I can see is that powertoy says that

Here is a list of files what we have modified.

/home/httpd/vhosts/yoohosting.com/conf/vhost.conf
/var/qmail/control/virtualdomains
/var/qmail/control/rcpthosts

But I checked the first file on my system (vhost.conf), it does not exist... And the alias doesn't work.

Did I missed something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back