• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved [PPP-26349] Backup Manager stopped working

TimRear

New Pleskian
Hello,

first of all thank you very much for Plesk Onyx, i really love it!

Backup manager stopped working on one of our Servers right after Upgrade to v. 17.0.17.

I found and followed the steps listed in:
https://kb.plesk.com/en/130278

Backup Manager still dont open and thows me back to the dashboard with the following message:
Unable to get dump list: FTP dump file does not exists

Thank you very much for your Ideas!

Ahh sorry, i forgot to give you more background information.

vserver running Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS
I upgraded plesk to onyx last week. No problems found but the backup manager yet.

NEWS:
I actually copied the pmm-ras from another 12.04 server running onyx and am now able to open the backup manager but i cannot add a ftp-store:
Repository error: Check that you have permissions to create/delete files in the repository. Stream error: /check0/test: Curl error: Unable to resume interrupted upload. Connection to the FTP server lost

I checked that ftp accound twice, account is correct, has enough rights und space.

Do you have any ideas? Thank you very much!

Last edited:
Hello. Could you please post output of the following command:
DUMP_STORAGE_PASSWD=<FTP_PASSWORD> /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/pmm-ras --check-repository --debug --verbose --dump-storage=ftp://<FTP_LOGIN>@<FTP_HOST>/<FTP_DIRECTORY> --use-ftp-passive-mode --session-path=/var/log/plesk/PMM

The issue appears because of duplicated section in /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/panel.ini (%plesk_dir%\admin\conf\panel.ini on Windows). Duplicated section rise an error in panel.ini parser and breaks pmm-ras FTP connection timeouts. I created the issue PPP-26349 (PPPM-5317) which will be fixed in one of the nearest updates.
Symptoms of this issue: the command '/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/pmm-ras --check-repository --debug --verbose ...' shows the following error:
Code:
[2016-11-25 11:21:20.581| 9756] INFO: Test stage: Check file creation

[2016-11-25 11:21:22.291| 9756] INFO: Repository error: Check that you have permissions to create/delete files in the repository. Stream error: /check0/test:
Curl error: Unable to resume interrupted upload. Connection to the FTP server lost
[2016-11-25 11:21:22.308| 9756] INFO: pmm-ras finished. Exit code: 1

As a workaround you may check and merge duplicated sections in panel.ini if they exists.

Back