• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved [PPP-26349] Backup Manager stopped working

TimRear

New Pleskian
Hello,

first of all thank you very much for Plesk Onyx, i really love it!

Backup manager stopped working on one of our Servers right after Upgrade to v. 17.0.17.

I found and followed the steps listed in:
https://kb.plesk.com/en/130278

Backup Manager still dont open and thows me back to the dashboard with the following message:
Unable to get dump list: FTP dump file does not exists

Thank you very much for your Ideas!

Ahh sorry, i forgot to give you more background information.

vserver running Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS
I upgraded plesk to onyx last week. No problems found but the backup manager yet.

NEWS:
I actually copied the pmm-ras from another 12.04 server running onyx and am now able to open the backup manager but i cannot add a ftp-store:
Repository error: Check that you have permissions to create/delete files in the repository. Stream error: /check0/test: Curl error: Unable to resume interrupted upload. Connection to the FTP server lost

I checked that ftp accound twice, account is correct, has enough rights und space.

Do you have any ideas? Thank you very much!

Last edited:
Hello. Could you please post output of the following command:
DUMP_STORAGE_PASSWD=<FTP_PASSWORD> /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/pmm-ras --check-repository --debug --verbose --dump-storage=ftp://<FTP_LOGIN>@<FTP_HOST>/<FTP_DIRECTORY> --use-ftp-passive-mode --session-path=/var/log/plesk/PMM

The issue appears because of duplicated section in /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/panel.ini (%plesk_dir%\admin\conf\panel.ini on Windows). Duplicated section rise an error in panel.ini parser and breaks pmm-ras FTP connection timeouts. I created the issue PPP-26349 (PPPM-5317) which will be fixed in one of the nearest updates.
Symptoms of this issue: the command '/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/pmm-ras --check-repository --debug --verbose ...' shows the following error:
Code:
[2016-11-25 11:21:20.581| 9756] INFO: Test stage: Check file creation

[2016-11-25 11:21:22.291| 9756] INFO: Repository error: Check that you have permissions to create/delete files in the repository. Stream error: /check0/test:
Curl error: Unable to resume interrupted upload. Connection to the FTP server lost
[2016-11-25 11:21:22.308| 9756] INFO: pmm-ras finished. Exit code: 1

As a workaround you may check and merge duplicated sections in panel.ini if they exists.

Back