• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved [PPPM-4013] Plesk key update deferral notification

Can you connect to Key Administrator server from your Plesk server? Check it with

# telnet ka.plesk.com 5224

Yes the port is accessible.

root@assprem:~# telnet ka.plesk.com 5224
Trying 195.214.233.80...
Connected to ka.plesk.com.
Escape character is '^]'.

Hello I have the same Problem like OSG. I also have a server with Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS‬ (Plesk Version 12.5.30 Update #60).
I can also connect to "telnet ka.plesk.com 5224" like OSG. Automatic key update doesn't work, manually it does work.
panel.log:
[2017-03-10 06:25:06] ERR [panel] KeyUpdate Result code: 2 Network failure
[2017-03-10 06:25:06] ERR [panel] KeyUpdate Result desc: Not valid XML. no element found

So could HSG solve it or does anyone know hot to solve this bug?

Hello I have the same Problem like OSG. I also have a server with Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS‬ (Plesk Version 12.5.30 Update #60).
I can also connect to "telnet ka.plesk.com 5224" like OSG. Automatic key update doesn't work, manually it does work.
panel.log:
[2017-03-10 06:25:06] ERR [panel] KeyUpdate Result desc: Not valid XML. no element found

So could HSG solve it or does anyone know hot to solve this bug?
This KB article should help - https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000066305

Hi Igor, I followed the instruction of this article, but this didn't help. I removed the registry and logged out and in again, but yesterday the monthly key update failed again.
In the article is not the same log in the panel.log. I have the error message:

and not "...XML parsing failed".

Any suggestions or how did OSG fix this issue?

Hi neo2012 and OSG,

if the suggestion(s) and work-arounds from the mentioned KB - article didn't already solved your issue, pls. consider as well to use the command line with for example ( logged in user "root" over SSH ):
Code:
plesk bin license --retrieve

More possible CLI command for the Plesk license utility can be found with the command:
Code:
plesk bin license --help
... or by visiting the official Plesk 12.5 documentation at:

Hi UFHH01 and OSG,
like I already wrote did I apply the solution of Igors linked plesk article. But the solution does not work for me. How can the plesk license utility help in that case? The manual LicenseKeyUpdate in the admin panel still works - just the monthly automatic update fails, and I don't have a lot of servers that try to connect at the same time. I have just one server with this issue.

Hi neo2012,

How can the plesk license utility help in that case?
Well. your license might be inoperable/destroyed/malformed and with the "retrieve" command for example, you are able to get a new *.xml file. ;)

It could help as well to "activate" the license again with the provided activation code that you got from your hosting provider, or where ever you purchased the license from. :)

Hi neo2012,

Well. your license might be inoperable/destroyed/malformed and with the "retrieve" command for example, you are able to get a new *.xml file. ;)

It could help as well to "activate" the license again with the provided activation code that you got from your hosting provider, or where ever you purchased the license from. :)

Ok, but when the key update process is working without problems by clicking on the link "retrieve license key" in the license management in the admin panel then would I think that all neccessary data is correct. Does the automatic update process something other than the manual process (clicking on the link)? Why does the automatic process throw the error "Not valid XML. no element found" and the "manual process" not? That gives no sense for me....

Back