• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

problem to send email from entourage

H

hodan

dear all,

i have problem to send mails from entourage when i use enable check button smtp requires authentication i will get error message : Authentification failed because entourage doesn't support any of the available authentication methods, error -17897

anyone had the same?

thanks,
for help

YEP! Same here.

Trying to find a workaround... hate to tell the client "sorry - take your hosting elsewhere!"

or
"I know you use entourage for everything else, but you'll need to use another program for email..."

Anyone find a solution to this? I have a client with the same problem:

"authentication failed because entourage doesn't support any of the available authentication methods"

Microsoft says this:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/842882

CAUSE
This problem occurs when the Post Office Protocol version 3 (POP3) server or the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) server uses NTLM version 1 authentication. Entourage 2004 for Mac no longer supports NTLM version 1 authentication.

so does qmail use NTLM version 1?

TIA
Sam

NTLM version 1 authentication

MY QUESTION TO SERVER ADMIN:
Is it possible to set the server to use an auth/challenge version that mac entourage and all other email clients can accommodate?

SERVER ADMIN RESPONSE:
I am afraid this is not possible.

NOTE:
This issue does not exist with cPanel.

FACT:
A very annoying and unfriendly situation.

QUESTION:
What can be done about this?

Back