• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problem with granting IP addresses to a particular client on

P

pratap.singh

Subject: - Problem with granting IP addresses to a particular client on
the shared server.

I am stuck with a problem that is due to IP POOL, while I am trying to
allocate an IP address to any one of our client. My current website is
running on shared sever and provider of this domain name is PLESK. When I
am trying to allocate an IP to our client it shows a message that is IP
address is not present on the interface. Along with this there is another
problem that is when I m trying to allocate an IP to the client, I am
unable to find available IP range inside the IP POOL. I can add a new
domain but I am unable to allocate an (shared) IP which can be used as a
shared (among clients) IP on a Network. Due to this reason I cannot grant
available IP addresses to a particular client so that they can be used for
setting up at clients domains.

Please help me to solve this problem and why it is coming, and what would
be the solution. Send me your feedback as soon as possible, so that I can
move forward.

I don't fully understand your problem but...

In order to allocate an IP address from the IP pool it has to exist on the server. In order to make it exist on the server you have to use the Add New IP Address option that you will find in the IP Addresses section in the Server page.

To get access to the Server page you need to be the Administrator of the server which is running Plesk.

You also need to have been allocated the IP address you are trying to add to the server by your ISP/Co-lo company/whoever provides internet connectivity for your Plesk box.

So, if you are the administrator of the server then I think you need to check your setup and add the IP address. If you are not the administrator you need to contact them to get more IP addresses allocated to your account.

Thank you
But problem is little confuzing , when i m trying to grant an ip to a praticular client, i found no add option and the option is disable .
So , now what can i do to solve this problem.

Once the IP is in the system, you need to add that IP to the IP pool of the customer.

If I remember correctly you go to Clients -> (select your client) -> IP Pool -> Add New IP Address.

Faris.

Thank you once again
but it is different , as i said , there is no option to add an IP to the IP POOL,and the option(Add new ip) is also disable .

Are you logging in as user "Admin"? If not then this may be the problem.

Faris.

Hmmm...In this case I'm not sure what's wrong unless there are no IPs available somehow.

I think this is something to get SWSoft to look at, or wait for someone else to suggest something here because I'm not sure what could be wrong.

when i am loggin as user "admin" , the option for add ip to the IP POOL is disabled, i do not know why but it is happning.

I have an idea. Are you running Plesk in a Virtuozzo VPS? If so then it is likely that the only way to add IPs is via the Virtuozzo administrator GUI or hardware node. So any IPs added via Virtuozzo will end up in Plesk automatically and you therefore can't add them manually in Plesk.

I'm only guessing here but I suspect I'm right.

Back