• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problems with domain aliases after migration

M

M_From_H

Hi Forum,

I migrated from Plesk 8.4 on Linux 10.0 to Plesk 9.3 on Linux 11.1 using Plesk migration manager. The only error message I received, concerned mailing lists. I igrnored it, because I don't use any.

After migration, when I try to add domain aliases, the following error message appears:
Error: DNS record already exists.
I know, that there are some articles in the Parallels KB about this issu, but they don't match for me. I don't get any results for
mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` -Dpsa -e"select * FROM dns_recs WHERE DisplayHost LIKE '%my_desired_alias.tld%';"
and the "DNS record already exists"-error even appears, when I try to add "mickey-mouse.com", which in fact has never been on my server.

Does anyone of you have any idea about this issue?

Thanks in advance.

--
BFN
Michael

You can try to enable mysql logging in my.cnf and investigate mysql logs after attempt to add this domain alias. It will help you to find needed record in database.

I added
log = /var/log/mysql.log
to the [mysql]-Section in my.cnf and restarted MySQL
/etc/init.d/mysql restart
But no log-file is created, when the error occurs during alias creation.

What did I do wrong?

You should specify already existing file. Create empty /var/log/mysql.log file first.

I found, that this is not a migration problem, because it also occurs on the original server after upgrading from Pleak 8.4 to 9.3. Thus, I started a new posting [HERE]

Back