1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Problems with domain aliases after migration

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by M_From_H, Feb 13, 2010.

1. M_From_H

M_From_H Guest

Hi Forum,

I migrated from Plesk 8.4 on Linux 10.0 to Plesk 9.3 on Linux 11.1 using Plesk migration manager. The only error message I received, concerned mailing lists. I igrnored it, because I don't use any.

After migration, when I try to add domain aliases, the following error message appears:
    I know, that there are some articles in the Parallels KB about this issu, but they don't match for me. I don't get any results for
    and the "DNS record already exists"-error even appears, when I try to add "mickey-mouse.com", which in fact has never been on my server.

Does anyone of you have any idea about this issue?

Thanks in advance.

--
    BFN
    Michael

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    You can try to enable mysql logging in my.cnf and investigate mysql logs after attempt to add this domain alias. It will help you to find needed record in database.

3. M_From_H

M_From_H Guest

I added
    to the [mysql]-Section in my.cnf and restarted MySQL
    But no log-file is created, when the error occurs during alias creation.

What did I do wrong?

4. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    You should specify already existing file. Create empty /var/log/mysql.log file first.

5. M_From_H

M_From_H Guest

I found, that this is not a migration problem, because it also occurs on the original server after upgrading from Pleak 8.4 to 9.3. Thus, I started a new posting [HERE]