• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Protocol version '1.6.5.0' is deprecated. Current protocol version is '1.6.9.1'.

mikelino

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
linux centos
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian
Access plesk control panel only via mobile app, via browser i have error "ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT". Also panel error logs i found this massage many times "Protocol version '1.6.5.0' is deprecated. Current protocol version is '1.6.9.1'.

Access plesk control panel only via mobile app, via browser i have error "ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT"
Please check this KB article: https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...e-on-ports-8443-8880-ERR-CONNECTION-TIMED-OUT
Also panel error logs i found this massage many times "Protocol version '1.6.5.0' is deprecated. Current protocol version is '1.6.9.1'.
These messages are caused by the external API trying to reach Plesk using an old version of XML API protocol.
These warning messages can be safely ignored.

These messages are caused by the external API trying to reach Plesk using an old version of XML API protocol.
These warning messages can be safely ignored.

I also have this message ("Protocol version '1.6.5.0' is deprecated. Current protocol version is '1.6.9.1'."). It spams my Plesk log file and makes the log file useless (because I cannot find "real" entries). What does "external API" mean in this case? Is it the Plesk mobile app? I use it rarely, but I have it installed on my phone.

When you have the API enabled, everyone can try to access your server through the Plesk API. This is not limited to the Plesk Mobile App. If you are not using the App, neither need this API functionality, I recommend to turn the API off completely with this setting in panel.ini:
Code:
[api]
enabled = off
There is not really much that the app does that you cannot also do through the (responsive) web interface on your phone.

My Plesk runs on a special port and I doubt that there are requests, especially API request, to my Plesk installation. I will disable the app to find out whether it's the problem. Could it also be an extension within Plesk, which makes these API calls?

Some external services use the API too. Like WHMCS and Plesk 360 (only if you've added your server to Plesk 360 of course). Extension can use the API too, but I don't think many do.

I stopped the Plesk app on my phone (Android) two days ago and the message in the log is gone. So it was only this app all the time. But why? Is the app not maintained anymore?

A similar case has recently been reported to support. It will be checked what can be done about the app.

Until then, a suggestion to suppress the warnings is to add

deprecationWarning = off

to the [api] section of panel.ini.

Back