• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

qmail & greylisting spam control

Originally posted by arniemellow
Basically you prepend it as a separate module in the tcpserver chain

Btw, do you know how to make the change in the tcpserver chain permanent, because every change on the Plesk Mailsettings Menu overwrite the smtp_psa again...

thanks Brujo

Re: Re: qmail & greylisting spam control

Originally posted by Brujo
Btw, do you know how to make the change in the tcpserver chain permanent, because every change on the Plesk Mailsettings Menu overwrite the smtp_psa again...

thanks Brujo

uhm I would not know as I actually use qmail plain. Try opening a specific thread for this, it should be possible :)

Greylisting & Plesk 8.0 stopped working

Hey There,

since about three Days the Greylisting on one of our machines stopped working.

I can find any incoming E-Mail in the Database.
All Mails got a blocked_count of 1 and a passed_count of 0.
Normaly that means the Mail was not delivered.
In our case any Mail passed and was delivered to the useres Mailbox.

It seems like qmail insert an Entry for each mail but do not check them a second time but y?

Any Ideas?

with kind regards
Effektor

Its up to the sending server to resend the email again, it wont go to a passed state until such time that the senders setup does this.

If your not getting any new emails through the logs then it would be wise to check your smtp connection is still live

telnet YOURIP 25

and check you get a connection

Just re-read that and noticed your saying it is getting through. Have you recently updated plesk? If so you will need to recopy the qmail-smtpd from the compile directory to the qmail/bin directory.

also worth running a myisamchk on your greylist dbase - and if necessary repairing it

Hey Mikk,

thanks for your fast reply.
Since I posted my help-request I search for further possible problems.
The funny part of the problem is the fact that qmail apperently signed any e-mail as new one and delivered them
to the mailbox instead of rejecting in case of first contact.
Also already saved entries in DB where not updated anymore.

While my Spy-Job on the affected machine I stumbled about the greylisting_dbg.txt which seemed not to be affected of any jounal cycle and had a filesize of 2GB. :)

A tail -f on the debugfile has shown me no more upcoming entrys at that time.

I backuped the regular file.
Directly after the backup a new one appeared and the problem disappeared.

So my help request ist closed...

thx for your support.
greetz
effektor

Back