• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Restoring a Back Up

S

smkied

Alright, so here is my situation and the problem I have ran into.

I was running Plesk 8.0.1 originally, with a bunch of sites. Slowly, I started upgrading to newer versions of the program. Eventually, I ended up with the most recent version of 8.1.0.

At that point, I started running into weird problems where my Plesk panel would freeze up and I would constantly be getting "PleskFatalException" errors.

So, I went into SSH and ran ./pleskbackup -v -s all fullbackup

The server got backed up into 3 files, which I then FTPd out to an off-site server.

Once I did that, I re-provisioned my server and it is now back to 8.0.1.

I go back into SSH, I download the backup files, I create the map file, and then I run ./pleskrestore --restore backupfile -map mapfile -level all

Once I do this, I get the following error:

Code:
Failed validation of the document with external DTD /usr/local/psa/PMM/plesk.dtd. The errors are: No declaration for attribute dump-version of element migration-dumpNo declaration for attribute cr-date of element clientValue "max_dom_aliases" for attribute name of limit is not among the enumerated setValue.........

......element rblNo declaration for element rbl-serverNo declaration for element black-listNo declaration for element white-listNo declaration for element list-itemNo declaration for element dns-settingsNo declaration for attribute recursion of element dns-settingsNo declaration for element common-aclNo declaration for attribute default of element certificate.

And that's where it all ends. I left out all the thousands of words in between, if posting the full error message woudl help, please let me know.

Is this because my previous version of Plesk was higher than the one I am trying to restore to? Or was there some kind of error when I was creating the backup file? There were no errors posted when I was making the backup file though....

I really need this stuff restored, so all and any help/advice would be very highly appreciated!

Alright, looks like it was indeed the fact that the backup was made in Plesk 8.1, therefore keep in mind that once you upgrade to 8.1 there doesn't seem to be a way to go back to 8.0.

Back