• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Sitebuilder 4.0 for Windows Hotfix 3 has been released

Do we need to install a hotfix #2 before #3? How can I tell if hotfix #2 has already been installed?

Dmitry,

I installed HF3 through the auto-update feature of the SB application. After the install I received the following error when I attempt to view the login or wizard screen:

Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Unrecognized attribute 'restartOnExternalChanges'.

Line 15: <section name="PagerControlAdapters" type="System.Configuration.NameValueSectionHandler, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" restartOnExternalChanges="true"/>

Source File: [local path]\web\web.config Line: 15

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2407; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2407

For some reason the HF created a new website, using .NET 1.1 and stopped my old website. I changed the new website to 2.0.50727 and now everything works again.

Why would the HF create a new website and why would it be .NET 1.1?

Ok, so let me clarify. I can now get into the Admin interface and edit the settings of the SB instance. I am unable to edit web pages or preview sites. When I look in the LogEntity table in the DB I see the following error message:

SWsoft.SiteBuilder.Modules.Storage.ProviderException: RemoteConnectionError ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at SWsoft.SiteBuilder.Web.UI.WebControls.EditPageControl.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at SWsoft.SiteBuilder.Web.UI.WebControls.EditPageControl.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

ClassName: SWsoft.SiteBuilder.Web.UI.EditPageFrameunable

Additionally, when I go to edit an eShop I get the following on-screen error: The site is unavailable. Please contact your administrator.

Latest development...

I disabled the new website created by the HF and went back to using my original website (both are pointed to the same dir) and now everything is working.

I would still like to know why the HF created a new site in the first place.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Is there documentation describing how to use some of the new features of SB HF3?

-Ability to Remove "Manage Users" button, if Login module is disabled
-Ability to customize "Go to Admin Panel" link behaivor
-Evaluation modules in plans support-Ability to remove disabled Site Management buttons
-Ability to Disable "Manage Site Users" button at Dashboard / Tasks

Back