• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

ToDos after update from PHP 5.3 to 4.3

sparkxp

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

I just updated my server from PHP 5.3 to 5.4 via the dotdeb sources.
Everything was fine except a few things.

1. I had to disable all safe_modes in several vhosts. Plesk has the default option, but I had to set them to 'off'. So I think the default value is 'on'. Is there a way to set the default value to 'off'? In my php.ini it is set off.
    safe_mode.jpg
  2. Then I found this article. At the end is a list of incompatible directives. Do I just have to remove them from my php.ini?
  3. Every half hour I get an E-Mail from my server with the subject "Cron <root@hosting> [ -x /usr/lib/php5/maxlifetime ] && [ -x /usr/lib/php5/sessionclean ] && [ -d /var/lib/php5 ] && /usr/lib/php5/sessionclean /var/lib/php5 $(/usr/lib/php5/maxlifetime)" and the content "PHP Fatal error: Directive 'safe_mode' is no longer available in PHP in Unknown on line 0". Where can I fix this? I do not have a cron for the root user which runs every half hour in "crontab -l".
  4. Are there other things I have to do after the upgrade?

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
I fixed some things by myself now.

1. I found more safe_modes in /etc/php5/cgi/php.ini and /etc/php5/cli/php.ini. After removing them, it is possible to select 'default'.
  2. I removed them all and added some new (see this document)
  3. Fixed with 1.

Back