• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Upgrade MySQL to at least version 5.6.5

H.W.B

Regular Pleskian
Hello,

I'm still using Plesk 11.5.30 and MySql 5.5.39. That was discribed here how to update.
But i need to have a MySql 5.6.5 (minimum) for some software (This version is over 2 years old).
I'm using CentOs 6.5. and PHP 5.4.33

Can anyone tell me how to do this, whitout breaking plesk 11.5.30??

Thank you

Last edited:
Hello Igor,

Thank you for your answer.
But because of some problems with Plesk 12, i don't want to upgrade now.

Hallo Igor,
PostFix Problems that are discussed in the Plesk 12 forum, where the solution is comming in version 12.1.
I can not afford to have my email down. That is the main reason.

I have learn to not directly upgrade, because with every major release, there are also major problems in the beginning.
So i wait until that sort of problems are solved.

on this link is mysql 5.6 supported by plesk 12.5
Plesk doesn't ship MySQL, it only downloads it from original OS vendor repo and it is quite likely it may be outdated there (especially for older OS). If your OS comes with MySQL 5.6, then Plesk would run MySQL 5.6 for clients.

Back