• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade Questions

B

badkneecap

I'm currently using 7.6.5 and I'm having trouble with MailEnable. It seems there is an exploit that is causing their POP service to stop running (or SMTP, I'm not exactly sure which). I figure now might be the time to upgrade to the latest version and I have a couple of questions.

1. Will it cost me anything to upgrade? How can I check.

2. Is it safe to upgrade? Has the lastest version been out long enough that upgrading is save?

3. Does anyone know if the latest version of Plesk includes the latest version of MailEnable so I don't have to deal with the exploit problem after I upgrade?

- PR

if you just want to upgrade ME why dont you just download their latest version and upgrade it? Plesk patches are always behind other vendors upgrades, also they are far less safe.

I could, and I was going to ask that, so I guess you answered that question for me. So, if I wanted to upgrade ME, I wouldn't have any problem upgrading just ME and not Plesk.

I was asking about upgrading Plesk because I figured I would kill 2 birds with 1 stone and get them both up to the latest version and possibly get both ME and Plesk to the latest version.

- PR

1. Will it cost me anything to upgrade? How can I check.
>You need to check with plesk if you have a active SUS

2. Is it safe to upgrade? Has the lastest version been out long enough that upgrading is save?

>I had a machine that had a crashing popservice and it was due to an exploit that existed on the machine itself, just to do yourself a favor and scan the box for trojans before upgrading.

Upgrading seems to give a lot of troubles (for some) my advice would be to reinstall a clean 2003 box install the latest version and restore the full backup you made. \
Worked for me like a charm.

Upgrading to the latest ME standard 1.9x should work out okay .. just have a backup ready.

Shutdown all ME related services (POP, SMTP etc) and copy the complete MailEnable folder to a safe location.

Back