• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Input Warden Antispam & Virus Protection Extension for Plesk

Hi Danami Team,
i have a Problem with activate Serverwide Spam Assassin with the new Version. If i activate it at Tools & Settings --> Spamfilter i get the attched message.
Can you help me with this problem please. Using Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

Best Regards, Christian

Attachments

• photo_2020-10-21_16-07-24.jpg
    photo_2020-10-21_16-07-24.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 9
i have a Problem with activate Serverwide Spam Assassin with the new Version. If i activate it at Tools & Settings --> Spamfilter i get the attched message.
Can you help me with this problem please. Using Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
Warden disables the Spamasssassin daemon as it is no longer used directly. You shouldn't try and enable it as it would be a waste of memory and resources. More information: How do I fix the error: Unit is masked. when trying to start SpamAssassin? - Knowledgebase - Danami

Hi thanks for the fast answer. So how can i add blacklisted emailadresses now. Before there was a setting in warden direct where i added the adresses.

Do you use spam assasin with warden now?

Webdesign Koblenz

Last edited:
So how can i add blacklisted emailadresses now. Before there was a setting in warden direct where i added the adresses.
Warden supports server level, domain level, and malbox level blacklists and whitelists. You can add server wide blacklists under Warden -> Settings -> Policy Blacklist or go to Warden -> Policies for domain level or mailbox level blacklists

Attachments

• 2020-10-21_10h00_57.png
    2020-10-21_10h00_57.png
    53.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 2020-10-21_10h00_21.png
    2020-10-21_10h00_21.png
    102 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Thanks for this infos. Another question i have added 2000 Domain Emails to Spam Assasin in the last version. Now i see that the server block this domains with a score from 100 like before but the domains are not in warden. They are in plesk at Spamfilter Settings --> Blacklist. Is there a function that i can move this mails to warden again, that i have all in one place?

Attachments

• Plesk Obsidian 18.0.30 - Google Chrome 2020-10-21 .png
    Plesk Obsidian 18.0.30 - Google Chrome 2020-10-21 .png
    33.5 KB · Views: 4
Another question i have added 2000 Domain Emails to Spam Assasin in the last version. Now i see that the server block this domains with a score from 100 like before but the domains are not in warden. They are in plesk at Spamfilter Settings --> Blacklist. Is there a function that i can move this mails to warden again, that i have all in one place?
Yes you can import your old SpamAssassin settings, blacklists and whitelists under Warden -> Settings -> Policy Migrator. More information: Policy Migrator | Warden Anti-spam and Virus Protection Documentation

Attachments

• 2020-10-21_10h39_49.png
    2020-10-21_10h39_49.png
    59.1 KB · Views: 3
If i select serverwide blacklists i get 280 Emails and see my last screenshot i saved 2900, is this a bug that you dont export the Spamfilter Blacklists?

If i select serverwide blacklists i get 280 Emails and see my last screenshot i saved 2900, is this a bug that you dont export the Spamfilter Blacklists?
I think you are confused. Those emails are your email accounts on the server (not blacklists). If you just want to import your server wide blacklists then just select "server wide from the list".

Attachments

• 2020-10-21_11h02_23.png
    2020-10-21_11h02_23.png
    83 KB · Views: 8
I think you are confused. Those emails are the email accounts on the server. If you just want to import your server wide blacklists then just select "server wide from the list".
No i did it right i clicked server wide and at the xml are just 280 Blacklist Emails. But you see in Plesk i have 2900 at my screenshot in post 50

Looks like they are safed in spam assasin too, is this a good solution?
Your old blacklists are saved in that file. You should use the blacklists and whitelists settings in Amavis as they are stored in the database. For any other questions I suggest that you open a support ticket.

Many thanks for v2.06 and adding the possibility for mail users to change their own settings.
That was (for us) the only drawback when using Warden instead of the vanilla Plesk solution or their premium antispam/virus extension.

Many thanks for v2.06 and adding the possibility for mail users to change their own settings.
That was (for us) the only drawback when using Warden instead of the vanilla Plesk solution or their premium antispam/virus extension.
Thanks for the positive feedback @ChristophRo ! We have much more stuff coming :)

Last edited:
Very impressed with the product so far. Wondering if there is any sort of report that provides in-sight to the effectiveness of DNSBL sites?

Back