• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Resolved What happens if Plesk license is terminated?

ksa616

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Rocky Linux 8
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.63 Update #1
Hi everyone ,,

I have installed the Plesk panel for free for 15 days, and the trial period has ended.
I haven't renewed the license yet.
Actually, my website is functioning without any issues.
However, what will happen if I don’t renew the license or purchase a license for a month?
Do I need to renew it on a monthly basis?
I have completed all the settings for my website,
so I don't need to access the Plesk panel daily!
Will some services be disrupted, like the renewal of the SSL certificate, backup operations, etc.?

I would appreciate a response to my inquiry.

Thank you.

Without a valid license, the Plesk panel will not be available, and Plesk services will not work, yes.
Thank you for your response.
I have some questions regarding the expiration of the license. Could you please answer them in detail?
  1. Will my website continue to function without any issues?
  2. Which services will no longer work?
  3. Will the SSL certificate renewal continue?
  4. Will the backup (which I previously set up) continue to work?
  5. Will the email service continue to function?
Thank you for your patience.

@ksa616 The website can continue to work, but there won't be updates to PHP, Apache, Nginx etc. Mail can continue to work, but if something doesn't, you'll be on your own on the operating system level. No statistics either. SSL will continue to work until a renewal is up. Backup: No it will not work. All in all: Your plan to save on license fees will cause you lots of headaches. Let alone the daily maintenance jobs. Good luck.

@ksa616 The website can continue to work, but there won't be updates to PHP, Apache, Nginx etc. Mail can continue to work, but if something doesn't, you'll be on your own on the operating system level. No statistics either. SSL will continue to work until a renewal is up. Backup: No it will not work. All in all: Your plan to save on license fees will cause you lots of headaches. Let alone the daily maintenance jobs. Good luck.

I'm sorry, I think my question may have caused you some inconvenience, or you might think that I am trying to deceive you.

I just don't want to pay on a monthly basis, except for the months when I feel I need to access the panel to adjust some settings.

I really admire the panel and its great features, and my question was not intended to deceive.

I just want to use it officially.

Another question: If I don't purchase a license for an extended period, say 6 months, will the panel remain as it is? And can I purchase a license and activate it at any time?

What about this site? Is it your official agent?

Thank you

Hello, @ksa616. I do not believe anyone is feeling deceived by your previous questions. Regarding the last questions, the Plesk panel will not be operational after the expiration of the trial license. You should be able to activate the license at any given moment. As for your question about ZNetLive, they are an official Plesk partner. You can check all our partners here:

Hello, @ksa616. I do not believe anyone is feeling deceived by your previous questions. Regarding the last questions, the Plesk panel will not be operational after the expiration of the trial license. You should be able to activate the license at any given moment. As for your question about ZNetLive, they are an official Plesk partner. You can check all our partners here:
Thank you for your understanding and clear answer.

Thank you all.

Back