• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

What Platform (Debian, Suse or Fedora)

E

EnigmaX

Not sure if some of you noticed with 1and 1 but they no longer reimage servers with RH 9 unless you ask for it but via their panel you get the following choices.
Debian-3.0 (stable/woody) minimal system
Debian-3.1 (testing/sarge) minimal system
SUSE-9.1 minimal system
Fedora Core 2 with Plesk 7.5
Fedora Core 2 minimal system

Now going from RH to Fedora could be a easy migrate but my psadumps will not work will it. I would consider FreeBSD because I would run some sort of icecast, ircd and wanted to get opinions on which way to go.

Thanks,

bugs... and issues

I guess I stuck with RH for so long because of the minor bugs and issues we had with Plesk.

I would want something I can update via yum or similar and not have to break Plesk or not have to worry about it for 1-2 years.

Thanks.

Personally, I'd say RHEL3 or CentOS3, as they seem the best supported OS'es.

Choices..

I had RHES 2 and 3 and at times I had issues with Plesk but I liked the fact that
we had the RHNetwork subscription but than yum was better than the RHNet.

1and1 hope will get more distros available via their panel. You can re-image
the server via their panel which is nice and the choices above are the only
ones they give you.

Sorry, I completedly missed the 1&1 mention. In that case I'd say it depends if you want a long cycle before having to upgrade (i.e. not-fedora) or best support by Plesk (Fedora).

Back