1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

What Platform (Debian, Suse or Fedora)

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by EnigmaX, Jul 5, 2005.

1. EnigmaX

EnigmaX Guest

Not sure if some of you noticed with 1and 1 but they no longer reimage servers with RH 9 unless you ask for it but via their panel you get the following choices.
    Now going from RH to Fedora could be a easy migrate but my psadumps will not work will it. I would consider FreeBSD because I would run some sort of icecast, ircd and wanted to get opinions on which way to go.

Thanks,

2. EnigmaX

EnigmaX Guest

bugs... and issues

I guess I stuck with RH for so long because of the minor bugs and issues we had with Plesk.

I would want something I can update via yum or similar and not have to break Plesk or not have to worry about it for 1-2 years.

Thanks.

3. Cranky

Cranky Guest

Personally, I'd say RHEL3 or CentOS3, as they seem the best supported OS'es.

4. EnigmaX

EnigmaX Guest

Choices..

I had RHES 2 and 3 and at times I had issues with Plesk but I liked the fact that
    we had the RHNetwork subscription but than yum was better than the RHNet.

1and1 hope will get more distros available via their panel. You can re-image
    the server via their panel which is nice and the choices above are the only
    ones they give you.

5. Cranky

Cranky Guest

Sorry, I completedly missed the 1&1 mention. In that case I'd say it depends if you want a long cycle before having to upgrade (i.e. not-fedora) or best support by Plesk (Fedora).