1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

What Platform (Debian, Suse or Fedora)

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by EnigmaX, Jul 5, 2005.

1. EnigmaX

EnigmaX Guest

Not sure if some of you noticed with 1and 1 but they no longer reimage servers with RH 9 unless you ask for it but via their panel you get the following choices.
    Now going from RH to Fedora could be a easy migrate but my psadumps will not work will it. I would consider FreeBSD because I would run some sort of icecast, ircd and wanted to get opinions on which way to go.

Thanks,

2. EnigmaX

EnigmaX Guest

bugs... and issues

I guess I stuck with RH for so long because of the minor bugs and issues we had with Plesk.

I would want something I can update via yum or similar and not have to break Plesk or not have to worry about it for 1-2 years.

Thanks.

3. Cranky

Cranky Guest

Personally, I'd say RHEL3 or CentOS3, as they seem the best supported OS'es.

4. EnigmaX

EnigmaX Guest

Choices..

I had RHES 2 and 3 and at times I had issues with Plesk but I liked the fact that
    we had the RHNetwork subscription but than yum was better than the RHNet.

1and1 hope will get more distros available via their panel. You can re-image
    the server via their panel which is nice and the choices above are the only
    ones they give you.

5. Cranky

Cranky Guest

Sorry, I completedly missed the 1&1 mention. In that case I'd say it depends if you want a long cycle before having to upgrade (i.e. not-fedora) or best support by Plesk (Fedora).