• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

WP Toolkit - General Discussion

Request for access to the developer notes on WordPress.org from the "new" plugin updates panel of WordPress Toolkit.
My current WPT extension version: 4.5.1-2962

I'm asking for consideration of adding the same access to the WordPress.org plugins page developer notes that the older plugins panel page had on it.
Please see attached image for a idea of what I'm asking for. WPT plugins list mod request.png
An icon could be used instead of link caption text if that will render more neatly.

Let me know if I can clarify this concept any further. Thank you!

Just an update that you can use wp-cli to activate your plugins automatically. Wordpress 5.4.3 will have automatic updates. This means no need to use wp-cli.

Just an update that you can use wp-cli to activate your plugins automatically. Wordpress 5.4.3 will have automatic updates. This means no need to use wp-cli.
As I read this, I have a few questions:
1) Did you mean to say "update your plugins" rather than "activate your plugins" for automatic updates of plugins?
2) "This means no need to use wp-cli." I take this to mean that once "auto-updates" are enabled, there is no more need to use wp-cli to apply plugin updates manually/directly via wp-cli. Is that what you were trying to say?
Thanks for any clarification you can offer concerning this. :)

Clone von "WP Multisite" funktioniert (noch immer) nicht unter Toolkit v4.6.0-3212 (z.B. alter Domaineintrag in wp-config.php wird nicht aktualisiert und führt zum Abbruch). Im Internet finden sich seit ca. 2018 ausreichend viele Anmerkungen dazu. Wird diese Schwäche zeitnah behoben werden?
Vielen Dank für weitere Infos,
Dr. Schwarz

WordPress Toolkit v4.7.0-3429 (just released today!!!)
I'm grateful to now see a link that is intended to present the changelog for plugins and themes (as the Toolkit changelog reports) in the GUI section of the Updates panel.
However, the link construct (in the Updates panel) is using the older (and inconsistent) URL value to refer to the changelog pages on plugins (/changelog) which, as was previously reported, has problems.
Please consider on the next patch release of this toolkit, fix the link to refer to /developer/ (not /changelog/) due to how the WordPress.org site is structured.
There is history behind [WordPress.org]'s decision to fold the changelog details into the developer tab for plugins but that's beside the point because toolkit just needs to output the correct link, and all will be well.
Let me know if I can clarify this any further. Thank you!

However, the link construct (in the Updates panel) is using the older (and inconsistent) URL value to refer to the changelog pages on plugins (/changelog) which, as was previously reported, has problems.

Whoops, this is embarassing. :oops: We'll fix it in WPT 4.8, promise!

Currently we experience the issue (since some weeks) that the WP Toolkit Auto-Update function for all website switches itself to "off" every day.
Maybe this is related to the fact that it does it's maintanance and then changes this setting back, though I've tested to run the cron jobs related to WP-toolkit and and it seems that this is not the issue.

If this does not stay with auto-update it pretty useless, please fix this asap. For now the WP-Toolkit seems still more beta then stable. It still has a lot unresolved smaller issues.

Thanks!
#1: The Toolkit only appears to install a vanilla installation of WP. However, various hosts sometimes need to install their own customized WordPress install, for example with preinstalled themes, plugins and Tutuapp 9Apps ShowBox settings. We like to preinstall Jetpack and a caching plugin, preconfigured with the right settings for our servers, and already activated. It would be great if we had the ability to install our own custom version of WP.

Last edited:
@Prod Juan

Please consider on the next patch release of this toolkit, fix the link to refer to /developer/ (not /changelog/) due to how the WordPress.org site is structured.

The fix you've requested is released in WPT 4.7.2, out today. Have a good day!

I am very very angry!!!

The last update of the wp-toolkit causes errors on other server websites:

I've been trying to find the solution for 6 hours.
Images that do not work in prestashop...
Failed redirects...

Thanks to @Sage Pointer

Hi, I'm using the:
WordPress Toolkit
Version
4.8.3-3661

and I have the following problem and errors messages every time I tried to update new plugins:
There is no appropriate version to update WordPress instance #<xx>

but the plugin is updated anyway.

Also on updating themes I get this error:
The following errors have occurred while updating WordPress instance #<xx>
- Unable to update theme '<theme_name_version>', details: Ocorreu um erro crítico no seu site.Saiba mais sobre a depuração no WordPress. Ocorreu um erro crítico no seu site.

but here the theme is never updated and only get in on wordpress admin site panel I manage to do the update.

> I have tested WP ToolKit but its updates disappeared after some time and it has also other operating issues.

I'm sad to hear that WordPress Toolkit didn't realize your expectations. :-( Could you please give us some clues regarding updates issue and operating issues you have noticed? I am confident that your feedback will make us possible to improve your experience with our product. :)

@kea

Only I hate the new UI and have bad user experience?

I think your post is the only negative feedback about new UI we've heard so far. Can you tell us more about what are the problems you're experiencing?

Yesterday, an error occurred in my WordPress site when I was doing customization of my website the error was error establishing a database connection. it has still the same problem what should I do please help me.

the error was error establishing a database connection. it has still the same problem what should I do
Please look into wp-config.php and write down the user name, password, database name and bit further down the file the table prefix.

With this information do this:
- In the Plesk database overview, make sure that the database exists (database name).
- Check if the user is listed as a user that has permissions to access this database. Click the user to see all permissions in details.
- Change the password of that user to the password given in wp-config.php.
- Access the database through phpMyAdmin and verify that the table prefix matches the one in the wp-config.php file. If not, change the table prefix in the wp-config-File to the correct prefix in the database.

If all these data are in sync, Wordpress will be able to use the database and your website will work again. If you encounter issues, please post the specific question here again.

Back