• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

11.0.9 U9 Backup to FTP Problems

MatthiasKHH

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

I'm running Plesk 11.0.9 on a openSUSE 11.4 System.
The Backup Manager has problems exporting the daily Backup to FTP:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<execution-result status="error" log-location="/opt/psa/PMM/sessions/2012-08-21-020804.303/migration.result">
<message id="4cf7aba2-f03b-4add-8ca0-41170b652511" severity="error" code="fatal">
<description>Runtime error</description>
</message>
<message id="885d8b3b-8112-4f28-87f7-f2e946daf34c" severity="error" code="ExportFailed">
<description>The dump have been made successfully but can not be imported to FTP due to errors.
The dump 'backup_info_1208210208.xml' have been leaved at repository '/opt/psa/PMM/tmp/backupMGAjbw'. Please export it manually</description>
</message>
<message id="d2d517e1-f9e0-4c21-8626-0a191064d33f" severity="error" code="FtpError">
<description>FTP: Can't login to the ftp server</description>
</message>
</execution-result>

"Can't login to the ftp server".
I don't know why I get this message. The login data is correct and i also changed them for tests, same result.

Any ideas what's going wrong here?
The Backup size is about 120GB, there is enough space on the FTP.

Best Regards

While on the server it self, are you able to FTP yourftpserver.com and login successfully?

Try to find more details in Backup logs:

/usr/local/psa/PMM/sessions/<session>/psadump.log
/usr/local/psa/PMM/sessions/<session>/migration.log
/usr/local/psa/PMM/logs/migration.log
/usr/local/psa/PMM/logs/pmmcli.log

Well if ONLYconfigurations can be FTP backuped then that sounds like FTP server limits. Are you sure you don't have quota limits on the ftp backup server? Quotas such as: the maximum size of a single file that can be sent to that ftp server?

No, there are no FTP Server limits.

In the meantime I fixed the problem.

The problem was the path /usr/local/psa/PMM/tmp.
The backupmng stores data there during the export.
Problem was that the /usr partition was too small.
I fixed this with a bind mount on a bigger partition.

I thought that DUMP_TMP_D (psa.conf) is used for this....

Backup/Restore task notification

Hi,

but following thing confuses me.
Backup was written to FTP but I'm still getting following mail notification:
Backup task finished.

Task was created by with guid (a4a0ed63-d9d6-456e-b724-89383e4bc7e0)

Creation date is: 2012-Aug-24 02:08:04
Task status is: error

Dump full name is:

migration.result:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<execution-result status="error" log-location="/opt/psa/PMM/sessions/2012-08-24-020804.910/migration.result">
<message id="ba4604e0-3139-48d7-873c-e967802c88f7" severity="error" code="fatal">
<description>Runtime error</description>
</message>
<message id="992a2323-08c1-4460-8a3b-a2192f785f03" severity="error" code="ExportFailed">
<description>The dump have been made successfully but can not be imported to FTP due to errors.
The dump 'backup_info_1208240208.xml' have been leaved at repository '/opt/psa/PMM/tmp/backupbAZZl_'. Please export it manually</description>
</message>
<message id="5b0925c6-356a-4d15-8c22-ca7b94344c75" severity="error" code="FtpError">
</message>
</execution-result>

Why?!

Well according to the error in the email:

Plesk couldnt connect to your FTP server!

As I already wrote in my above post:
Backup was written to FTP but I'm still getting following mail notification:...

Plesk creates the Backup to FTP SUCCESSFULL.
So the Message must be FALSE.

So my question still is, why do I get this message even trough the backup was created successfull.

I have just migrated services from PLESK 10 to 11 and I am also getting the same error. The Backups did not copy across so I set them up manually. I can FTP to the remote server from command line - so I would also be intereseted in the response to this one

Back