• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Backup Manager

Dr Zoidberg

New Pleskian
I've been reading through various posts about the backup manager as I've got this running as a scheduled back-up for a selection of domains, on to a local FTP server.

Does anyone know whether the backup file created is a FULL backup of everything (including domain config and settings AND databases associated with the domain - including full db tables and content)? The reason I ask is that the backups for domains with databases seem very small, compared with the size of the databases. Is this just efficient compression? I only have the one Plesk box, so I cannot really test a restore with an identically named database on to the same box.

Also, does anyone know whether the backup service would be dumping huge amounts of data on to my HD? A couple of larger domains have massively increased in used disk space since I started using the backup, but I cannot see where these additional files might be - nor do I understand why that might be the case.

Someone else said they had a large amount of data being dumped on to their HD as a result of using the backup, but this was a while back and seemed to have been patched. I have the latest Plesk updates installed.

Thanks.

You may check the database archives presence in backup.

zcat backup.file | grep '<database ' | grep database_name_you_are_interesting_in

Take a look at "cid" attribute - it's a MIME part identifier of database archive. Search this part in backup archive and see (you may extract mime parts with munpack utility)

PBM uses /var/lib/psa/dumps/ directory for temporary backups storage - search for backups here...

Thanks. Most of that is over my head, so I've passed it to a friend.

The increase in domain HD usage is, apparantly, a known issue which SWSoft are going to log in to fix.

Thanks.

Back