• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Cannot start plesk server (stale pidfile)

S

SGT

Plesk control panel has stopped.

If I do /etc/init.d/sw-cp-server start, I get:

Starting SWsoft control panels server... stale pidfile. st[FAILED]ile.

The issue is that sw-cp-server (Parallels Panel front-end server) is compiled for older version of openssl and will not work with installed ones.

For example:

# rpm -qa | grep openssl
openssl097a-0.9.7a-9.el5_4.2
openssl-0.9.8e-12.el5_4.6 <---

So far there is two workarounds:
1) Disable SSL support (in /etc/sw-cp-server/applications.d/plesk.conf) and run PP on non-secure channel (accessible via hostname:8880)
2) Downgrade openssl to version openssl-0.9.8b-10.el5

We have already submitted request to developers regarding this problem. I hope it will be fixed soon.

IgorG,

Can you update this thread when the fix is ready? I also starred one in the first releases forum regarding the issue.

Yes, I see. Here are some related posts already. I will update this thread with information from developers as soon as I receive it.

Kind of urgent for a fix for this. I don't like having my Plesk less secure than it should be... Any E.T.A.?

Has there been an update to this? I can no longer install Plesk on new servers now running Centos 5.4 unless I want to run a vulnerable version of openssl.

I hope the developers this time don't hard code against a specific library. So far seems 3 OS are effected:

Fedora 11, Redhat and Centos

What about Fedora and redhat are fixes goingbto be available? The article only mentions centos

Article has been updated with solution for RHEL4. We will update it with solution for Fedora as soon as with receive it.

Thanks IgorG!

I was just worried only a fix was coming for Centos.

Issue with Fedora 11 is openssl-0.9.8k-5 going to openssl-0.9.8n-1

I found it days before Redhat and Centos as I have updates-testing enabled, it's in stable now.

Rhel5

I do not see a fix for RHEL5, most likely the centos5 would work but I do not want to take the risk and find out.

I have not, I do not want to take the risk and make it worse.

Back