• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Error Backup FTP

Hi all,
I need help please.
Also I have updated plesk 11 to version 12.
Plesk version: 12.0.18 Update # 28
FTP access and backup on FTP do not work.
Thx
Pino

I have a similar problem since upgrading Plesk from 11.5.X to 12.0.18 (FTP server/Firewall configuration did not change):

Error:
Unable to rotate dump: The dump rotation is failed with code '126' at /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 1041.

Error:
Can't upload file 'backup_info_1410150827.xml' to ftp. Error code: 1

Strangely enough sometimes the backup via FTP to the backup repository (FTP server used: Microsoft FTP-Server/IIS) works, afterwards it fails. But at the moment i cannot reproduce the failure.

Manually uploading files to that FTP-server (backup repository) works without any problems...

Last edited:
Hello, Guys. I would be glad to help you, but I wrote in this thread before that I can't reproduce this problem. I need more information. Recently I tried to reproduce it again. I've made such steps:
1. Installed Ubuntu 12x64 or Ubuntu 12x32. I checked both.
2. Installed Plesk 11.5.30 with last updates.
3. Configured Personal FTP repository for backup on server level. I used Filezilla's FTP server.
4. I set scheduled backup settings for server: daily backup with rotation = 5 and not empty prefix.
5. I created customer with subscription, logged in using customer's account and set the same settings for scheduled backup too.
6. I waited for 6 scheduled tasks executions (to see that rotation works).
7. Upgraded Plesk to 12.0.18.
8. Waited for scheduled tasks executions again. All tasks are completed and rotation works correctly. No errors in log, debug mode was turned ON.
9. I checked FTP access for FTP user of subscription and everything works.
10. I changed prefix to another one and rotation = 2 in scheduled backup settings.
11. I waited for scheduled backup execution again to check rotation and I saw that everything works. Backups begin to rotate after the 3-rd backup execution.
12. I upload more than 17 GB in httpdocs and wait for scheduled backup execution again. And it is completed without any errors. Now I have server and subscription's backup on FTP. Both files have size = 17.5 GB. Rotation works too.

NO RESULT. NO ERRORS IN LOGS. Everything works as expected.
My OS versions:
1. Ubuntu 12.04x32.
Linux version 3.2.0-24-generic-pae (buildd@vernadsky) (gcc version 4.6.3 (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.6.3-1ubuntu5) ) #39-Ubuntu SMP Mon May 21 18:54:21 UTC 2012

2.Ubuntu 12.04x64:
Linux version 3.2.0-49-generic (buildd@komainu) (gcc version 4.6.3 (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.6.3-1ubuntu5) ) #75-Ubuntu SMP Tue Jun 18 17:39:32 UTC 2013

Help me, please, send me your debug logs as I wrote above. Or write more details and I will try to reproduce it again. If you have too much trouble about this problem, you may ask our support team, they will help you.

Hello vkolotov,

thank you for your answer. "Unfortunately" the problem randomly dissappeared this week without any change from our side. So at the moment I cannot give you any logfiles containing errors. But I will keep you updated if this error reoccures on our systems (Centos and Microsoft IIS-FTP - so there is a different configuration in comparison with your test setup).

Again, thanks a lot for your answer!

Hello.
I'm grad that problem is disappeared.
Of course we have different configuration of environment and it's not simple to understand the reason of problem especially if it's disappeared.
I will try to reproduce it on Centos and Microsoft IIS-FTP. I had checked this case some weeks ago using the same configuration, but without upgrade. Maybe I will find something interesting.
Thank you.

Hello vkolotov,

the errors are back again. Unfortunately the files you mentioned in #2 (/opt/....) don't exist in CentOS so can you please provide us with more details for CentOS to enable debugging and provide you with the correct information?

Thanks you.

we SOLVED in this way

SOLVED

As in passive mode we got

Transport error: unable to list directory: Curl error: Timeout was reached

1- setted specific ports for passive mode
/etc/proftpd.conf

than added a new RULE in PLESK FIREWALL allowing all TCP connection on those ports.
Allow incoming from all on port .........-........../tcp

(where there are dots puts your ports number)

Back