• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved Files With Bad Permission: User and Group is Root

psxeu

Basic Pleskian
Hi

I have installed SuiteCRM - now it is complaining that my files in the log folder have bad permissions. The Group and Owner is root.

How can it be that some of the files have root as group and owner? And how do I correct it?

I'm using PHP 7.2.2 FPM Application

You'll want to use chown to correct the group and owner. For everything in the httpdocs folder, The owner should be the customer's username, and the group should be psacln.

Another way to correct the issue would be to just run the Plesk repair utility on the domain;

# plesk repair fs domain.com

How did you upload / download this app? Was it via plesk, ftp, wget ... file manager?

Please give us feedback if you have made any progress on your issue.

Are you logged in using some "master" user with access to all your files (root maybe?) Or through the user of your account? Please provide us with more information about the problem so I can help you so that your problem does not happen again :)

As for solving your problem, it's very simple, come on.
1. Access the directory where your files are located.
cd path/to/directory
2. Run the command "ls -la" to verify the correct permissions.
Screenshot 2018 03 04 at 06 37 43.png
As you can see in the print the correct permissions would be user: "performance_feli" and group: "psacln".

3. Use the following command to change the permissions.
To change this is very easy, just run the following command:
Screenshot 2018-03-04 at 06.46.05.png

PS: "-R on command means recursively applying permissions"
PS2: Unfortunately for the information you gave in the post I do not know how the structure of your files is, however just follow the logic of my comment that you should be able to apply the correct permissions! ;-)

Thanks for your detailed explanation. The files now have the right permission.

I must admit that I'm new to Linux and the Plesk Interface. It is a private VPS. I have created a customer account for the domain (belonging to myself) - but in the Plesk Interface I'm accessing it through the admin account. The files is uploaded by FTP belonging to the account (not admin) - and a install.php script for SuiteCRM is run form the website.

Glad you could solve your problem :)

Please feel free to show a little gratitude by voting for "best response," given that I have solved your problem.

It is no problem to access the client account using your Plesk administrator interface, since this is not a gambiarra or something, Plesk itself offers this option.

Taking into consideration your comment I do not see anything much in the way you did it. Maybe you failed to pass some information ... have you done any steps using Shell?

Was it necessary to unzip the file? Did you unzip the file manager from Plesk or via Shell? (Using the unzip command, or similar)

I Unzipped the files using 7-zip at my local computer and when uploaded them using FIleZilla

You shouldn't be able to FTP as Root. You may of used SFTP as Root......

If you can not replicate the problem again it is virtually impossible to find out the source of the problem. Based on the reviews it seems everything is ok with its setup.

If you encounter this problem again, I suggest you create a new topic in the Plesk forum and explain in detail what your actions were that caused this problem.

Have a great day! :)

Back