• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Horde with Plesk Interface

helpful knowledge requested.

What i personally would love to have in the meantime is even just a listing of what files control the look and feel for the login page. I have made some mods to my horde installation quite some time ago for anyone who is interested i put them up for download on my personal website.

What i have done is taken the KDE icons from crystal iconset to replace all the icons in horde.

i have this as a zip file you can unzip over the top of the psa-horde folder. All the paths for icons are correct as installed on Plesk reloaded 7.5.4 on Debian Stable

You can download them from here
http://timothytuck.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&gid=78&Itemid=51

javascript:smilie(':cool:')

could you please put the file someplace where we don't need to register?

and do you have a screenshot?

thanks,

PAT

Screenshot and no reg required

done. now anyone have a listing of files to modify to customize the login page. i know how to do the theme's and in the next month or so i hope to get around to it. i will gladly share whatever i come up with.

screenshot is here

:cool:

nice job.. is it compatible to horde 4?
cause plesk now has horde 4...

by the way.. does anybody know what the virtual folders are for? whats the difference between ordinary folders and virtual folders??

Re: Screenshot and no reg required

Originally posted by _tek
done. now anyone have a listing of files to modify to customize the login page. i know how to do the theme's and in the next month or so i hope to get around to it. i will gladly share whatever i come up with.

screenshot is here

:cool:
i'm still requested to login for the download - do i miss something here?

thanks for you work anyway,

PAT

try again. sorry...

Went back in and modified it again, it shouldnt require a login now for you to download it.

It should work fine with horde4 (cant check my version right now)although i will be verifiying that later this week if it doesnt support it the worst thing that would happen is you would not get the new icons when you dropped it on top of your installation.

you can easily check by unzipping the achive and checking names and file paths.

My Bad

the path of the files in the zip directory are wrong. i will correct this and recreate the folder. if you unzip the file it puts everything in /home/tek/Projekts/psa-horde

ill fix this and re-upload the file as soon as i fix my qmail pains. give me 48 hours and ill have a corrected update.

i can also report that it does in fact work with horde4- broke qmail doing the upgrades which is why 48 hours.

Plesk is like a beautiful car held together with old ailing ducktape. update anything and run the risk of breaking everything. at least the icons don't break a damn thing.

:confused: :confused: :confused:
:( :( :(
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Icon Update

Ok, fixed all issues. take this zip file drop it into your psa-horde folder and just unzip it, it only overwrites your icon images in your horde installation. It works on Horde3 and Horde4. I will also verify later this week that it works with standalone horde installations (Dependant on some/ANY free time)

While i love what Steve0 is working on for now im cool just having horde look good. i will be working on a skin for horde going forward too, while i know how to change it for inside of horde via the themes i do not yet know which files to change for the default login screens and would love to start there if anyone can let me know what files that is i will gladly do the rest.

i started a similar project together with my brother but because of lack of time we didn't came very far until now.

but, one idea we had and which may be worth considering is to create the templates in a way, that they use the graphics which plesk uses in the admin panel. this way you have a consistent look and avoid any copyright problems because you just link to the icons already installed on the system.

if you even read out the actual theme of the user in question from the psa db you have a consistent look all over plesk and webmail without setting up anything.

PAT

Linking might provide broken images

If i understand you correctly what your talking about you would be dropping a bunch of symlinks and if for some reason that image didnt exist you have a broken icon. much easier to just overwrite the images.

Major reason i was doing this is

A: I like Horde but it has a ugly look to it

and

B: I want to build Kolab which uses horde in an attempt to provide an exchange server replacement with horde as the web-based interface to it.

Its all totally experimental stuff (the horde part of kolab) and since i use kontact i wanted to create a more consistent look and feel from kontact to kolab. That is why i chose the KDE icons plus they are all GPL.

This work should all be totally compatible with plain ole horde and plesks version of horde or anyone elses for that matter.

The next phase of this i will start creating some new themes to give horde an even better look and feel. This part i might be able to do by linking to the images plesk but then it only works for plesk. I would like to use the same images plesk uses to draw the side and top bars in the plesk control panel though and possibly a few more as i get a better feel for making horde themes.

Honestly im shocked nobody else has done this yet, i searched around for a long time before i did this and only did this after i couldnt find anything for horde to make it look better.

I would really like to submit these back upstream for horde itself as i think its a huge improvement to how horde looks. So far all my customers love the look.
:D

Needful Things

Im posting this cause i have spent a lot of time looking for documentation on Horde and creating themes and such to make horde look really nice.

Well today i finally found SOME documentation so im posting it here to share in case someone else has more free time then i do, and if anyone wants to collaborate on it hit me up.

I work 12-18 hours a day pretty much everyday but if and when i find free time this is the kind of thing i tend to work on.

here is some links to documentation on themes and such.
Wiki-Dev-Layout

Wiki-Dev-Themes

damn, this looks great :)
looking forward to it
i'll sure buy it !!

_tek you shouldn't have hijacked this topic :x

Does anyone know whats the status of steve0's project?

same question here.
damn long.

wanna buy steve0 skin.

WHERE RELEASE ?! ^)

Hi everyone ... just squashing some bugs .. the installer took a little longer to complete than anticipated ..

It is looking like it will be ready for release towards the end of this month or sooner, i have put up some new screen shots as the others are out dated now - and have included shots of the other apps.

In no particular order
product released

Originally posted by Osmolovsky
OMG!!!! WANNA BUY!!! ^)

can you say prices? ^)

I have not given pricing much thought as of yet but will let everyone know very soon now . .

Great work Steve0~!!!~

Let us know when you release it !!!

Have fun !

Back