• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved How to hide shutdown link in settings?

King555

Regular Pleskian
I just upgraded to Plesk Onyx 17.8 (from 17.5) and now I have a "Shutdown server" link under "Tools & settings". How can I hide this? It's very risky for me, because I have to pay a lot if I shutdown the server accidentally and my provider has to manually restart it.

The first link under "Plesk" in "Tools & settings" ("Settings for custom view") is not the solution, there I already disabled the shutdown button.

Please note that all mentioned setting names may differ in the English version of Plesk, because I translated them from the German version for this posting.

Hi,

It is only disabled in the Power User view if you do it over Settings for custom view, as the admin in service provider view should always have full access to all the tools:
How to hide server management buttons like Restart and Shut Down in Plesk

As a workaround, you can install the extension "Hide Custom Buttons", to add custom CSS code to the panel:

So basically:
  1. Download the Extention to your PC: Plesk Help Center
  2. Login over SSH to the server
  3. Edit the /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/panel.ini file
  4. Add there:
    Code:
    [ext-catalog]
    extensionUpload = true
  5. Login to Plesk panel
  6. Go to Extensions > My Extensions > Upload Extension
  7. Upload the extension that you did download in step 1 and press OK
  8. Go back to SSH and edit the file /opt/psa/admin/htdocs/modules/hide-maincustombuttons-maindashboard/global.css or /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/modules/hide-maincustombuttons-maindashboard/global.css
  9. Replace or add there the content with:
    Code:
    #buttonShutdownServer {
      display: none !important;
    }

Before:
upload_2019-1-4_14-30-44.png
After:
upload_2019-1-4_14-31-26.png

If you want to hide the reboot too add to the code:
Code:
#buttonRebootServer {
display: none !important;
}

for reference:
How to remove Custom Buttons section in Plesk?
How to install Plesk extension?

Best Regards,

Last edited:
Thanks, that worked!

I edited the panel.ini with the extension "Panel.ini Editor". For the future it would be nice if also the CSS file could be edited within the "Hide Main Custom Buttons Section" extension.

For the future it would be nice if also the CSS file could be edited within the "Hide Main Custom Buttons Section" extension.

This extension "Hide Main Custom Buttons Section" was a quick script just to make the changes to the CSS update proof.
As the "Hide Main Custom Buttons Section" is not an official extension, there is also no further changes planned on it.

I was done with the intent of avoiding editing the /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/theme/css/custom.css file as it may lose the configuration on some update.

Best Regards,

I just installed the new Plesk version (fresh install) and I wanted to use this little extension again. Unfortunately the download link does not work anymore. Is it possible to restore the extension from my old server? Is there a file I could download and upload to the new Plesk installation?

Hi King555!

I've created a small helper extension that allows you to easily add/modify global CSS and JS rules (see attachment ext-global_v1.0.0-1.zip).

1) Download the extension and upload within your Plesk instance (see description above)
2) Add your CSS rules to this file: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/modules/global/global.css (same procedure for JavaScript - file global.js)

That's it. Have success!

Attachments

• ext-global_v1.0.0-1.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 24
Back