• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '$this' (T_VARIABLE)

Thank you again for answering.

Well I followed the exact steps as you described and in the end I received "ProFTPD Version 1.3.6rc2" again.
Further details:
Version: 1.3.6rc2 (devel)
Platform: LINUX [Linux 2.6.32-042stab113.21 x86_64]
Built: Mon Mar 21 2016 15:40:44 EDT

It's the same as the buggy one in other words. :(

So I ran downgrade again.

//edit 1

Well there are some changes, negative changes, now roundcube doesn't work anymore, though I reinstalled it. Getting an Apache page. Running Plesk repair now. Hopefully it will fix things...

//edit 2

Well Plesk repaired repaired. I am done fooling around for now though. I will just run downgrade every day or similiar.

@HHawk

Well, that is interesting!

Really, it seems to me that there is some minor issue with the autoinstaller (it should not get the packages from other repos).

I will investigate that part of the issue.

On the other hand, given your issues with roundcube, I would recommend to disable the Atomic repo for the time being.

Regards....

Well I didn't have issues before with Roundcube, only after uninstalling things (apparently it also uninstalled Roundcube). So I also selected it to reinstall. But I got a blank apache page after it.
But, like I said, Plesk repair fixed it.

Regards.

Still not resolved unfortunately. Are we the only one who still have issues with this package? :(

Now this is weird.

I was doing some work on my personal website (on my own server). And before I started working on the website, I downgraded ProFTPD back to 1.3.5a.
After the downgrade I restarted ProFTPD by using: /etc/init.d/xinetd restart

I just uploaded my website, after some edits and guess what...

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'function' (T_FUNCTION) in /var/www/vhosts/domain.info/sub.domain.info/index.php on line 698

Checking the index.php I just uploaded, I discovered a 't' added on that line!

So I am really starting to wonder if the problem is ProFTPD in this case. Maybe something else in conjunction with ProFTPD?

I made the changes in Dreamweaver and uploaded the file as well through Dreamweaver.
Furthermore; I also use FlashFXP from time to time to upload.

This is really getting tiresome. So far only a few clients complained about this issue. It doesn't seem to happen all the time, but it's really getting tiresome that there is no fix or solution for this.
I already have enough work to do, than checking ProFTPD versions and what more...

Yes, I saw the thread on Atomic Corp. I already got the fix on several servers pushed by Odin. :)

Back