• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '$this' (T_VARIABLE)

Thank you again for answering.

Well I followed the exact steps as you described and in the end I received "ProFTPD Version 1.3.6rc2" again.
Further details:
Version: 1.3.6rc2 (devel)
Platform: LINUX [Linux 2.6.32-042stab113.21 x86_64]
Built: Mon Mar 21 2016 15:40:44 EDT

It's the same as the buggy one in other words. :(

So I ran downgrade again.

//edit 1

Well there are some changes, negative changes, now roundcube doesn't work anymore, though I reinstalled it. Getting an Apache page. Running Plesk repair now. Hopefully it will fix things...

//edit 2

Well Plesk repaired repaired. I am done fooling around for now though. I will just run downgrade every day or similiar.

@HHawk

Well, that is interesting!

Really, it seems to me that there is some minor issue with the autoinstaller (it should not get the packages from other repos).

I will investigate that part of the issue.

On the other hand, given your issues with roundcube, I would recommend to disable the Atomic repo for the time being.

Regards....

Well I didn't have issues before with Roundcube, only after uninstalling things (apparently it also uninstalled Roundcube). So I also selected it to reinstall. But I got a blank apache page after it.
But, like I said, Plesk repair fixed it.

Regards.

Still not resolved unfortunately. Are we the only one who still have issues with this package? :(

Now this is weird.

I was doing some work on my personal website (on my own server). And before I started working on the website, I downgraded ProFTPD back to 1.3.5a.
After the downgrade I restarted ProFTPD by using: /etc/init.d/xinetd restart

I just uploaded my website, after some edits and guess what...

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'function' (T_FUNCTION) in /var/www/vhosts/domain.info/sub.domain.info/index.php on line 698

Checking the index.php I just uploaded, I discovered a 't' added on that line!

So I am really starting to wonder if the problem is ProFTPD in this case. Maybe something else in conjunction with ProFTPD?

I made the changes in Dreamweaver and uploaded the file as well through Dreamweaver.
Furthermore; I also use FlashFXP from time to time to upload.

This is really getting tiresome. So far only a few clients complained about this issue. It doesn't seem to happen all the time, but it's really getting tiresome that there is no fix or solution for this.
I already have enough work to do, than checking ProFTPD versions and what more...

Yes, I saw the thread on Atomic Corp. I already got the fix on several servers pushed by Odin. :)

Back