• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 12.0 Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
autoinstaller on opensuse 13.1 dies with the following error:

===> Checking for the necessary system accounts
Checking for the system groups and users necessary for MySQL...
Checking for the group ''...
Trying to add group ''... groupadd: '' is not a valid group name

ERROR while trying to add group ''

Right, my server upgraded to 12.0.15 (from 12.0.14) on Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS last night and broke a few things.
A test blog I installed yesterday was no longer available, I had to reconfigure all to get the sites back up.
The secondary domain I'm hosting was also down.

After getting everything working again, I clicked on the Wordpress Installations, which still showed an error on the install, but after refreshing it showed up.
I then browsed somewhere else and back to the Wordpress installations and I got this error..

Internal error: Specified column "version" is not in the row

Message Specified column "version" is not in the row
File Abstract.php
Line 179
Type Zend_Db_Table_Row_Exception
Go To Previous Page

Search for related Knowledge Base articles

I only get this error when I click the "Wordpress Installations" under Tools & Settings"
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance for your help
Kind regards

Lloyd

Ok, due to a lot of spam problems, I decided to put a Linux Plesk 12.0.16 in production for 143 domains....
Is working perfect. The outgoing mail limit is a dream and works perfect. I can detect the offending accounts/domains/subscriptions immediately and stop them to sending spam.
Regarding MagiSpam: I can install it ONLY for QMAIL. Magicspam 1.0.6-1.3 for postfix cannot be installed on plesk 12.0.x

best regards,
Horacio

Great to hear that, Horacio! Hope it will run very well for you

Though formally we discourage running the preview builds in production environment :)
But feel free to message me in case of a problem

regards

Right, my server upgraded to 12.0.15 (from 12.0.14) on Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS last night and broke a few things.

Hi Lloyd,
The problems looks like incomplete DB upgrade. If you can reinstall - that would be the easiest way.
But let me check whether there can be a simple repair recipe (if you still need it)

It would be nice if Plesk 12 would also come with Adminer as a variant for phpMyAdmin

Last edited:
I currently have 12.0.10 installed with the Customer Business Manager. Two questions...

1) even though the beta license says that it allows for unlimited clients in CBM - this is not the case. When I try to add a second client, I get an error saying the license is limited to 1.
2) I've also tried to use my own perpetual license...but it won't accept it. When will it allow us to use our own licenses?

I have checked the license from https://sp.parallelsnetwork.com/plesk-12-preview/ and it doesn't have CBM enabled. Could you clarify where you obtained the license and how you found that it has unlimited CBM clients?

Your perpetual keys cannot work with Plesk 12.0 yet - when Plesk 12.0 is released (or a little bit before) Key Administration system will enable conversion of perpetual licenses to Plesk 12.0 format if you have valid (non-expired) SUS. That's how perpetual keys are designed - they don't fit new Plesk versions till converted.

Last edited:
I"ve been testing the latest version of Plesk 12 on Centos 6 all day on a Intel 2.13Gz Xeon dual CPU server with 24G of RAM and a RAID10 disk array, and I'm finding that the control panel is painfully slow. This is a server with zero activity, a RapidSSL certificate securing the panel, etc. I just timed it, and it took 45 seconds from putting in the root login and password until the point that the control panel actually showed up. I am 2 hops away from the machine (same building, but on a separate network, and ping times to the machine are < 1ms.

So, what the heck might be going on? Any ideas?

Thanks.

Mark

Look's very strange. I'm on ESX server with 2 cores of 2,1 Ghz Xeon, 4GB memory, SSD disk. Login time is 2-3 sec maximum.

For fully updates OpenSUSE 13.1 and latest Plesk 12 preview from installer,
I had to manually run:

Code:
zypper install pam_pkcs11

Otherwise Plesk 12 installer would throw errors about missing common-auth-smartcard
Code:
PAMServiceError: common-auth-smartcard

Not sure why it would need this, but restoring a snapshot and installing the package manually before Plesk 12 installation made the error go away.

Last edited:
That's interesting...because my beta license says it is enabled...and is unlimited. See the attached screenshot Screen Shot 2014-05-02 at 6.43.07 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back