• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

plesk 12.5 + whmcs

aliilia

New Pleskian
When you create a new hosting for a new client in WHMCS, it appears to register that username and password both for the subscription hosting account and the customer in plesk. When you setup a new order in WHMCS for another domain, it generates a new username and password for that user for the subscription/hosting account.

When a user logs into their client area, if they go to the second domain, they will never login, because WHMCS will try to log into their customer plesk account using the credentials from the second domain, not the first.

what is solution?

@aliilia

Hello, i've tested your case on our test installation (12.5 and WHMCS 6).
First of all, i've created a customer with subscription in WHMCS and tried to provision to Plesk.
Next, i've created a second domain for this customer.

Next I was going to 'Services' -> 'My services' after i logged in as client. There were a two subscriptions. I pressed view details for both of them. Link 'Open Control Panel' was on every details page and i successfully logged in from every page.

Next i was going to Admin interface and see 'Module log' (Utilities -> Logs -> Module logs). There were a following calls:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><packet version="1.6.3.5"><server>
<create_session>
<login>testuser</login>
<data>
<user_ip>MTAuNTAuMS43OA==</user_ip>
<source_server>MTAuNTAuMS43OA==</source_server>
</data>
</create_session>
</server></packet>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><packet version="1.6.3.5"><customer>
<get>
<filter>
<external-id>whmcs_plesk_34</external-id>
</filter>
<dataset>
<gen_info/>
</dataset>
</get>
</customer></packet>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><packet version="1.6.3.5"><server>
<create_session>
<login>testuser</login>
<data>
<user_ip>MTAuNTAuMS43OA==</user_ip>
<source_server>MTAuNTAuMS43OA==</source_server>
</data>
</create_session>
</server></packet>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><packet version="1.6.3.5"><customer>
<get>
<filter>
<external-id>whmcs_plesk_34</external-id>
</filter>
<dataset>
<gen_info/>
</dataset>
</get>
</customer></packet>

These calls means that first of all we asks Plesk about user with exterrnal id 'whmcs_plesk_34' and then we create a session for him. As you can see, we have a one user for both domains. So, i couldn't reproduce your problem.
Is the any additional steps to reproduce? As solution i propose to you to contact with Odin Support for a deep investigation.
http://talk.plesk.com/threads/impor...ution-for-the-existing-issue-question.334123/

Dear cpesh84
thanks a lot for reply .
we have a one user for both domains with one login (username and password) information . it is my problem
at old plesk 8-9-10 we dont have same problem .
it now we have a login accout for access to multiple domain and it is very bad .
how we can connect to every domain with own login information? same old plesk .
whmcs support (Lawrence Williams) said : "What you are seeing is due to how Plesk itself handles customers and accounts. Essentially it creates one customer and assigns multiple services to it, however due to the way it works, only the first created service login can connect to the Plesk service. Any others would need to use that Plesk login to access Plesk, but can use their own details to access FTP. Regrettably this is a Plesk limitation and not something we can fix as it is beyond the control of our software. "

@aliilia,

WHMCS 'Plesk' module allows you to create one customer with multiply domains. If you want to have a separate users for each domain you should use 'Users' functionallity in Plesk.
1 Login to Plesk as Client -> Go to 'Users' tab -> create appropriate user.

But there is no way to use these users in WHMCS\Plesk integration via Plesk module.

thanks for reply
but it is very bad :(
we have 2000 user under plesk and we must change plesk with other control panel :(

regards

@aliilia,

thanks for your reply.
I want to clear a details. What whmcs module did you used? 'Plesk10' module (which wasn't provided by Odin)?
As i know, there was a strange logic that client was created for every domain (because of unique login/password for every domain). That was reason of the situation when 10 'John Smith' clients were created and it is not correct plesk logic at all. So it was fixed for a new module. And you used that for your features, am i right?

Last edited:
thanks . but why strange ? cpanel - directadmin and other hosting control panels dont have same problem. every domain have a unique domain . it is not strange logic.
my users have a problem with this new Odin API . we can customize api 1.6.6.0 ?

with Best Regards and spacial thanks for you Dear cepesh84

@aliilia,

thanks . but why strange ? cpanel - directadmin and other hosting control panels dont have same problem. every domain have a unique domain . it is not strange logic.

"Every domain has an unique domain" - that is correct :)
I mean that WHMCS and Plesk has a similar "client/domain" structure.
One client (with own password) -> many domains. WHMCS has this logic and Plesk has it too.

Previous Plesk's WHMCS modules created Plesk's clients with first domain and used username/password of this domain for client (login to panel) and domain's system user (SSH, SFTP, etc). This is "strange" logic because a lot of dublicate clients created in Plesk (differs only by pair login/password mostly). And also it is contrary to the model "one client -> many domains". Moreover, if you specified login of the second domain = login of first domain, then existed client used for the second domain (almost current behavior).

But as you have problem with integration now and someone else could have a similar issues we will think about improving our WHMCS module to support current behavior (correct) and legacy (not quite correct). Thank you for reply.

my users have a problem with this new Odin API . we can customize api 1.6.6.0 ?

Please, create a separate thread to discuss this issue and describe a details there.

Last edited:
Dear cepesh84
ok but i have a simple request . i have one whmcs client with multiple domain and unique login/password for every domain, same old plesk or other control panels. my user have problem with logic of new plesk (12.5) . do you have solution for us ?

thanks a lot cepesh84

@aliilia,

As i said before we understand your issue. Now we aretrying to find solution for you. May be it'll be a new version of the WHMCS module which can work with old and current logic. I think that answer be ready in one-two weeks

The problem is with reseller accounts. This worked fine with PleskReseller module in WHMCS v5. But this module disappeared in WHMCS v6.

Now in WHMCS v6 we had to change all resellers from PleskReseller module to Plesk module and this problem happens.

There must be some logic in PleskReseller module that allowed multiple reseller accounts to work under the same server, but not anymore.

Could you please introduce that logic into Plesk module, or update PleskReseller module to work with WHMCS v6?

@aliilia, sorry for delay. As i know, the feature is planned to devlop, but nobody can tell me when exactly we will implement it. Sorry again.
@parallelsbox, we weren't providers of PleskReseller module, but in Plesk module we have a reseller accounts support:
- get reseller, add/delete, set status, set password,
- get reseller plan, switch reseller plan.

Please, write list of operations which our module should has if this functionality is not enought for you.

I think the problem is that Plesk module tries to authenticate with customer email, and in multiple reseller accounts on the same server this will not work.

Your module should authenticate with username and password and it would work, instead of authenticating with email which is repeated in the case of multiple resellers accounts on the same server.

Back