• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 8

Maybe I was viewing the wrong path...

Maybe Mac OS X Support means that it will run on Mac OS X for a server platform. That makes sense.

Originally posted by DigitalCrowd
Ill put this up for awhile, if anyone wants to take a look...

Please don't abuse this.

https://207.210.101.43:8443/

login: admin
pw: password

Thanks DigitalCrowd ... I like the PLESK Desktop... I really wish they'd taken a queue from Google Start Page or Start.com and allowed the desktop to be drag & droppable. That would have been a logical thing to put in...

This release is interesting... the domain aliasing option is simple and well integrated... as is the SPF settings... the Desktop is, again, neat, but a bit cluttered...

[shrugs]... can I call this PLESK v7.6? I'm leaning towards past posts where users were less than impressed with the # of improvements for a version number shift...

--

Incidentally, another thread that I'm posting on covers DNSReport.com's new error that appears, I'm assuming, on all PLESK servers related to PLESK's Bind settings... it would be nice for SW-Soft to roll the fix for this into PLESK v8.0.

http://forum.plesk.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=136738#post136738

Thanks for setting up that plesk 8, i enjoyed taking a look around...
I agree with CCHickman though, I don't see anything revolutionary, I feel more like I'm using version 7.6.
The new watchdog looks interesting, mail queue management is also a good thing, domain aliases was badly needed, SPF is only server-wide but better than nothing, and the Desktop feature... hm... it's neat but not really needed...
I think i will wait for Plesk 8.0.1 before even considering to upgrade... with SWsoft i always have a bad feeling when they bring out new releases :p

wotta....?

I now really need information, coz, I am getting confused. Coz, I planed to upgrade all major apps, apache php mysql, as latest as possible, but I've read thru this forums that, Pleask will use and install those apps for me. So

1, do I have to upgrade Apache, php, mysql to latest version before installing Plesk8?
2. Is there any docs for OS preparation before Plesk installation? coz, I don't know which mods is/isn't needed. (of coz, I don't want any junk mods in the system)
3. I heard that Plesk license is relied on IP address, so what should I do if I have to prepare the server before moving it to the Datacenter, can I prepare it without license?

:( HMMM long way to go BOYZ

Re: wotta....?

Originally posted by NetNappy
I now really need information, coz, I am getting confused. Coz, I planed to upgrade all major apps, apache php mysql, as latest as possible, but I've read thru this forums that, Pleask will use and install those apps for me. So

1, do I have to upgrade Apache, php, mysql to latest version before installing Plesk8?
2. Is there any docs for OS preparation before Plesk installation? coz, I don't know which mods is/isn't needed. (of coz, I don't want any junk mods in the system)
3. I heard that Plesk license is relied on IP address, so what should I do if I have to prepare the server before moving it to the Datacenter, can I prepare it without license?

:( HMMM long way to go BOYZ

I was curious about this also, I read through the link sent in the previous post but that did not clear these questions above up for me. Can I get a little clarification on these points above?

I was also wondering if there was a good resource on server management for Fedora/Plesk as well as command line codes. When I started this venture I didn't realize I was going to have to become a server admin, but I am here and I have to learn it, so any online resources would be great or if anyone has a suggestion for a tech school maybe I could attend. I am near Chicago so there should be something around.

Thanks,
Clint

Ill put this up for awhile, if anyone wants to take a look...

Please don't abuse this.

https://207.210.101.43:8443/

login: admin
pw: password

Snif snif snif .. when I try acess to see the news...

"ERROR: PleskFatalException
Unable to connect to database: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111)

0: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3:173
psaerror(string 'Unable to connect to database: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111)')
1: /usr/local/psa/admin/auto_prepend/auth.php3:81"

And of course, no Awstats. As a webhost, we care about features that can offer our end-users and Plesk 8 brings us one new feature - Domain Aliases (4 years after cpanel managed it).

Desktop? Who cares about that crappy gimmick. Queue manager? What, did we forget how to login with SSH?

Plesk 8? This isn't even Plesk 7.6 - it's a joke. It's an excuse to keep the SUS system alive. :rolleyes:

I love Plesk but they aren't bringing much to the table on this version. :mad:

They will probably charge extra for these features too, as usual :rolleyes:

I noticed a new default index page, does Plesk8 display a seperate page when a domain is suspended?

Is there no (proper) reseller support? (where a client can create clients with multiple domains)

Originally posted by Spyder
Snif snif snif .. when I try acess to see the news...

"ERROR: PleskFatalException
Unable to connect to database: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111)

0: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3:173
psaerror(string 'Unable to connect to database: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111)')
1: /usr/local/psa/admin/auto_prepend/auth.php3:81"

Back up.

Yea, the default splash page is really keen. click on PHP and you can see the PHP INFO file. Nice little security issue.

BTW - This is a "really" slow machine this demo is running on, so ignore speed issues with this demo.

Some of the new features will help out and if it is more stable on migration and backups, that would be good for me.

It would be nice to see more features but I suppose that makes for more bugs.

Im going to pull the demo... it was fun while it lasted. I got other projects I need to move forward with. :)

Thanks again DC.

Originally posted by Spyder
Hi, DC, I just trying again and still nothing.. it's runnig ??

Im going to pull the demo... it was fun while it lasted. I got other projects I need to move forward with.

Thanks for the demo DigitalCrowd. Like others have said, this should be a 7.6 release, I only see a couple of minor improvements for my clients :(

Back