• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Input Plesk can now be installed on Ubuntu 20 servers running on ARM-based platforms

Hello, we have no particular plans to support an installation on rhel for ARM shortly.
Now we are evaluating the demand for the Ubuntu 22 OS which was fully optimized by the vendor to work on ARM in AWS and Oracle Cloud.
But oracle also supports ARM on Oracle Linux

Hello @juan diaz ,

Thank you for your question.

hello good I have the following problem is ubuntu 20.04 with arm64 and it does not let me install

Since November 2022, we have updated our configuration requirements from Ubuntu 20 to 22 as the latest version.

Could you please use a server with Ubuntu 22 on ARM for Plesk installation? I hope it's acceptable for you. Please let me know.

Hello @juan diaz ,

Thank you for your question.

Since November 2022, we have updated our configuration requirements from Ubuntu 20 to 22 as the latest version.

Could you please use a server with Ubuntu 22 on ARM for Plesk installation? I hope it's acceptable for you. Please let me know.
Plan to add support for Almalinux?

I would like to offer hosting based on ARM64. I know Almalunix inside out and have no experience with Ubuntu. Given the many issues with Ubuntu here, that's what keeps me from using it. I get that there are many issues because it is obviously a popular OS, but still, you need to know what kind of rabbit hole you're going into with an unknown OS. That's why I would instead get started with Plesk based on Almalinux ARM64 once it becomes available.

Hi - I recently purchased an M2 Mac mini to be able to try different ARM Linux versions (running in a Parallels Desktop Virtual Machine). This is what I found:

1.) AlmaLinux 8.8 aarch64 - I could not get this to boot
2.) AlmaLinux 9.2 aarch64 - I could get this to boot and was able to fully install the Linux operating system. But not currently supported by Plesk.
3.) Ubuntu Server 22.04 LTS - I could get this to boot and was able to fully install the Linux operating system. I was then able to fully install Plesk for ARM Linux, (at least, the parts of Plesk for ARM Linux which I plan to use).

I don't plan to use Mac minis to do any actual revenue earning hosting in my Datacentre, I am using this Mac mini as a test-bed (because it's cheap), and as a prelude to ordering a SuperMicro server with a dual Ampere Altra CPU motherboard. When I first came across the Altra CPU, it had 80 cores. Now there is 96 cores, and a 128-core version is being planned. Times two CPUs, is a lot of cores, running at greater thermal efficiency and better kWh power consumption.

I would much prefer to continue to run Plesk on AlmaLinux or other rpm-based distro like RockyLinux. The reason is, that the RedHat / yum / rpm package manager system is much better than the apt-get, dpkg, .deb package manager system on Ubuntu Linux. I do in fact use Ubuntu Linux quite a bit in my business, but not for the purposes of Plesk-controlled VPS's, they are all CentOS and AlmaLinux.

I note that some people on this thread have already purchased their Ampere Altra servers. I'm curious how easy it was to get your server to boot - did you have to compile the kernel, use a bespoke pre-compiled kernel for that CPU, any special driver problems, (eg lack of support for onboard NICs) ?

Great idea, but unfortunately to many issues and the cost is not that great. Maybe in a few years (2 or 3 years) this will be better. Not now unfortunately.

I just found out that KasperskyAV is not supported on ARM-based servers.

Is there a list of extensions that do work on ARM64? I don't want to go into trial-and-error mode with the extensions.

Back