• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Important Plesk Obsidian Releases

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also seam to have trouble with localhost email, so websites like fresh installed drupal 8 can't send emails.

Roundcube is working.

Edit was forced to switch to qmail to get things working

Last edited:
I cannot get this UX as advertised in my installation. Is there something that I should setup or it has not come yet?

Screenshot 2019-06-09 at 18.17.28.png

Hi @sebgonzes.

You can test SNI for mail this way:
1. issue a Let's Encrypt non-wildcard certificate for the domain
2. assign this certificate to mail on this domain
3. specify the domain (without mail. prefix) in your mail client's connection settings

Also, the current implementation of SNI for mail actually doesn't work for the case "wildcard certificate + mail.<domain> in a mail client's connection settings", it's limitation of Postfix and the way how Plesk configures it (in other words, it's quite complex problem). We're already working on this issue.

About this situation just to confirm:
"3. specify the domain (without mail. prefix) in your mail client's connection settings"

In this case, it will only work if the mail server and the primary domain are on the same server. But we have dozens of clients that have to the main domain dedicated to the site (e-commerce), in this situation the DNS of the mail points to one IP and the site to another.

Is this the way it is currently working?

If you migrate some domains from Onyx that has web configuration errors To a new Obsidian server, You cannot fix them on the new server unless you delete these domains and recreate them.

Unable to configure the web server: Execution failed. Command: httpdmng Arguments: Array ( [0] => --reconfigure-all ) Details: Execution failed. Command: httpdmng Arguments: Array ( [0] => --reconfigure-domains [1] => subdom.example.com,example.com,staging.example.com) Details: [2019-06-11 05:08:08.773] ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed ['/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/apache-config' '-t'] with exit code [1] [2019-06-11 05:08:09.344] ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed ['/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/apache-config' '-t'] with exit code [1] [2019-06-11 05:08:09.347] ERR [panel] Apache config (15602188870.84699300) generation failed: Template_Exception: AH00526: Syntax error on line 1 of /var/www/vhosts/system/subdom.example.com/conf/vhost_ssl.conf: Invalid command '\x1f\x8b\b', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration file: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Template/Writer/Webserver/Abstract.php line: 75 code: 0 AH00526: Syntax error on line 1 of /var/www/vhosts/system/subdom.example.com/conf/vhost_ssl.conf: Invalid command '\x1f\x8b\b', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration

Even if you delete these configurations via DB, it well give you sometime to adjust your chair, and Boom.. 10 lines of error again depending on your screen resolution :) .

@Anthony Thank you for letting us share some thoughts.

Screenshot_2019-06-11 Plesk Obsidian Feedback.png

Hi @bishopjon,

Thank you for the questions.

Any news on the new health monitor?

This functionality planned to be published as a separate extension for Plesk Obsidian. The first version for review will be published during June-July.

If you are on release 1 will that be in a different release?

We are published first Release Candidate 1. During summer, we will continue to publish next release candidates (2 and 3). The official RTM (Ready to Market) build planned to be published at September, 25.

Hi @yellowdino,
I cannot get this UX as advertised in my installation. Is there something that I should setup or it has not come yet?

This is mockups on the picture, but we are implementing the mentioned design right now:) It is important to say that we plan to deliver it softly and by parts. It will help us not break the current UX workflow and better understand what is really needs to our customers. Also, it will be possible to keep the old design for Websites&Domains, if the new one doesn't fit your needs.

Hi @yellowdino,

This is mockups on the picture, but we are implementing the mentioned design right now:) It is important to say that we plan to deliver it softly and by parts. It will help us not break the current UX workflow and better understand what is really needs to our customers. Also, it will be possible to keep the old design for Websites&Domains, if the new one doesn't fit your needs.

Personally, I suggest this new UX would be better a 3rd option list (view) with the previous ones, example:

(Current) Active List (Used for better view of 2-5 domains or subdomains)
(Current) Classic List (Used for better view of +10 domains or subdomains)
(New) Compact List (Used for more detailed view all in one place)

Hi Rar9,

[...]
I added the Servers to Common Allow Zone Transfer ACL and change the DNS Zone Template NS values as i would have them for Plesk 17.x

Unfortunatly for some Domain the SOA time only 2 of 3 server are informed over the changes.
Currently I have no clue what could be source or error.
[...]

It would be great to find BIND/named logs from Plesk server and problem slave DNS server for those domains (e.g. step #15 from Instruction - How to start with Slave DNS Manager). I think it could help to understand what is wrong. If it doesn't help I suggest creating a separate topic and discuss the issue (with configs, logs, details).

Hello Everybody,

Can Someone explain me, how i can use different SSL certificates for Mail clients now with SNI?

In Server Settings, i set the Default Mail Certificate to server.domain.tld (Lets Encrypted).

After this i Go to Mail Setting of another Domain and Set there a Wildcard SSL Certificate for Mail and Webmail Connection (*.second.tld).

If i now Setup the Mail Client (Outlook) and zake IMAP/POP3 Adress Like "mailsrv.second.tld" i get an Error from Outlook because the target SSL Name ist wrong. Get showed then the SSL Certificat from my main fomain (Server.domain.tld). So what did i do wrong?

Last edited:
Hello Everybody,

Can Someone explain me, how i can use different SSL certificates for Mail clients now with SNI?

In Server Settings, i set the Default Mail Certificate to server.domain.tld (Lets Encrypted).

After this i Go to Mail Setting of another Domain and Set there a Wildcard SSL Certificate for Mail and Webmail Connection (*.second.tld).

If i now Setup the Mail Client (Outlook) and zake IMAP/POP3 Adress Like "mailsrv.second.tld" i get an Error from Outlook because the target SSL Name ist wrong. Get showed then the SSL Certificat from my main fomain (Server.domain.tld). So what did i do wrong?

You don't have to use wildcard SSL, and just use "second.tld" in your imap/pop3 for now, but still don't working fine.

Hi @yellowdino,

Actually I got inspired to test Obsidian especially for it. And tought that I do something wrong not having it while you advertise Obsidian with it :)

Personally, I suggest this new UX would be better a 3rd option list (view) with the previous ones, example:

(Current) Active List (Used for better view of 2-5 domains or subdomains)
(Current) Classic List (Used for better view of +10 domains or subdomains)
(New) Compact List (Used for more detailed view all in one place)

Hi Hextrator,

That's pretty much our plan. BTW, are you interested in getting it touch and providing feedback on the new list as we work on it?

Obsidian support MariaDB 10.3, I was going to upgrade but I saw that 10.4 is in GA it doesn't look like any major changes since 10.3. Do you think it would be okay to upgrade to 10.4?

Last edited:
Hi custer,
Good to know that was the plan, Yes, why not.

Hi @bishopjon ,
Obsidian support MariaDB 10.3, I was going to upgrade but I saw that 10.4 is in GA it doesn't look like any major changes since 10.3. Do you think it would be okay to upgrade to 10.4?

We have not tested such type of upgrade so I would NOT recommend to do it before it will be checked by Plesk (we created a corresponding task).

Here is my testing so far for Mail SNI postfix/devocat Linux:

1- Thunderbird 60.7 :

Main Domain
: Works
Auto Decovery : Yes (With Wrong Configs Results)

SMTPS: mail.maindomain.tld / maindomain.tld
POP3S/IMAPS: mail.maindomain.tld / maindomain.tld
Ports Used: 993/995/465/587
Certificate used: Wildcard Lets Encrypt 2.8 Ext.
Sending Emails: Yes
Receiving Emails: Yes

Customers domains: Works without Certificates errors
Auto Decovery : Yes (With Wrong Configs Results)

SMTPS: customerdomain.tld Only.
POP3S/IMAPS: mail.customerdomain.tld / customerdomain.tld
Certificate used: Non-Wildcard Lets Encrypt 2.8 Ext.
Sending Emails: No (Message: Thunderbird Please make sure you've configured SMTP server, Unknown Error )

2- Opera Mail : (Who use this anyway, I accidentally found it on my programs list and give it a shot)

Main Domain
: Not Working (Certificates Errors)
Auto Decovery : No (With Wrong Configs Results)

Sending Emails: No
Receiving Emails: No

Customers domains: Not Working (Certificates Errors)
SMTPS: mail.customerdomain.tld / customerdomain.tld
Sending Emails: No
Receiving Emails: No

3- Microsoft Office 365 (Outlook) v.1906 Build 11727.20224:

Main Domain
Auto Decovery : Yes (With Correct Configs Results)

SMTPS: mail.customerdomain.tld / customerdomain.tld

4- Mailbird:

Main Domain

SMTPS: mail.customerdomain.tld only customerdomain.tld doesn't work
POP3S/IMAPS:
mail.customerdomain.tld / customerdomain.tld
Ports Used: 993/995/465/587 (465 Connection with SSL/TLS result in testing error only but you can use it without mail client testing)

5- Gmail App (Android):

Main Domain

POP3S/IMAPS: mail.maindomain.tld only

Customers domains: Works with certificates errors
SMTPS: customerdomain.tld only mail.customerdomain.tld doesn't work
POP3S/IMAPS:
mail.customerdomain.tld / customerdomain.tld
Sending Emails: Yes (Most accept certifcate error) (SMTP only)

Note: Some settings could be different for you based on the certificate type .. CA ..mail client.. server configurations and firewall (client side like your antivirus or server side fail2ban- cloud FW etc.)

I didn't try this with any Apple products because I've never used any.

Last edited:
Hello,

I'm glad to announce the next Plesk Obsidian Release Candidate 2 (18.0.16) has been published.

Release Notes: Change Log for Plesk
To help us make Plesk better fill a short survey https://pt-research.typeform.com/to/szWk8h
To know what's new in upcoming Plesk Obsidian release see What's New in Plesk Obsidian
The Plesk Obsidian FAQ: FAQ for Plesk

Main deliveries

'Advanced Monitoring' and 'Grafana' extensions are available for Plesk Obsidian
Plesk administrator can now install the Advanced Monitoring and Grafana extensions on Plesk Obsidian.

Advanced Monitoring is a revamped version of the Server Health Monitor component, which inherits all the component's features: detailed reports on the server health, on system resources' usage, and so on. However, Advanced Monitoring displays all server metrics as visually appealing graphs and dashboards by Grafana.

It is possible because Advanced Monitoring works in tandem with Grafana. When you install Advanced Monitoring, Grafana is also automatically installed. If you are an experienced Grafana user, server metrics collected by Advanced Monitoring is not your single source of data. You can also integrate Grafana with other data sources of your choice.

For more information, read the descriptions of the Advanced Monitoring and Grafana extensions.
grafana1.png

Improvements in moving domains between subscriptions
  • When moving an add-on domain, it is now possible to create a new subscription and make the moved domain the main domain on the new subscription.
  • movedomain1.png
  • Plesk Administrators can now move an add-on domain to a new subscription via the CLI running the following command:
plesk bin site --move addon_domain.com -login target_login -passwd target_password
  • In addition, added the event "Domain moved", which is triggered when an add-on domain is moved to another existing or new subscription.
Plesk notifications improvements
Plesk administrators can now change subjects of the email notification messages (the same way they did so for the messages' texts).
notify1.jpg

A Plesk mail server and webmail are now secured by default
A Plesk mail server and webmail are now available via HTTPS by default: they are secured with the default SSL/TLS certificate that secures Plesk itself.
ssl1.jpg

Updated UI
Plesk layout has been updated as following:
  • Search field was moved to the top bar for greater visibility.
  • Plesk logo was moved to the top of the main menu.
  • Menu takes up the entire height of the screen.
  • Menu and main areas can be scrolled independently from each other.
  • Changed hide and show effects and conditions on various screen sizes.
newui1.png

Besides this:
  • Email notifications about the automatic installation of system package updates can now be sent to a custom email address.
  • There are now no release tiers in Plesk Obsidian and later anymore.
  • Updated phpMyAdmin to version 4.9.0.1.
  • Updated Dovecot to version 2.3.6 (Plesk for Linux).
  • Updated nginx to version 1.16.0 (both for Plesk and customers’ websites) (Plesk for Linux).
  • Added support for Smartermail 100.0 (Plesk for Windows).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back