• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk Onyx Preview and FeedBack

Status
Not open for further replies.
While the extension is in a great shape now, it's not officially considered stable until at least Plesk Onyx is considered stable.

Are you considering adding support for linking containers? A lot of containers on the Docker hub require that?

Are you finally getting rid of the PHP 5 requirement? (PHP by OS vendor)
I'd like to use just PHP 7 for compatibility purposes, such as being able to install phpredis 3.0.0

Hello,

i found an issue regarding to the Server Health Monitor. Every value shows 0% and no graphs are generated.
I already tried to remove the Health Monitor and install it again, but it still shows 0%.
Health_Monitor.JPG

Best regards,
Patrick

Are you considering adding support for linking containers? A lot of containers on the Docker hub require that?

Yes, we do have plans to add support for linking containers in subsequent extension updates.

So to be clear, it is planned that Plesk Linux servers will support the use of a remote centralized SmarterMail server? Probably later this year?

We are planning to support centralized mail server for Plesk Multi Server, but we don't know for sure which mail server(s) we're going to support -- it's a bit too early to say at this moment. Chances are it will be Postfix.

Are you finally getting rid of the PHP 5 requirement? (PHP by OS vendor)
I'd like to use just PHP 7 for compatibility purposes, such as being able to install phpredis 3.0.0

We'd love to do it and we already have plans to do it, but unfortunately not in the immediate Plesk Onyx release.

By the way, is there a preview key for Onyx available? One that ends when the final is released, instead of requesting multiple trial keys? (which isn't exactly the best solution for testing a preview version)

Hello,

i found an issue regarding to the Server Health Monitor. Every value shows 0% and no graphs are generated.
I already tried to remove the Health Monitor and install it again, but it still shows 0%.
View attachment 11428

Best regards,
Patrick

Thanks for reporting this, Patrick. We'll take a look at this issue.

I'm actually not able to install this on a fresh Ubuntu 16 LTS Server I get the following 2 errors curl (23) failed writing body (41 != 1460) and sh: 0: Can't open /dev/fd/63
Command has been run as Sudo too

I want to install a package but i get the following error:
Code:
Select the products to install and their versions
===============================================================================

The following product versions are available:

1. [*] Plesk
  2. (*) Plesk Onyx 17.0.15 (testing) (currently installed)

Available actions:
(F) Go forward
(B) Go back
(Q) Cancel installing
(S) Show advanced settings

Select an action or a number [F/b/q/s/1-2]:
Downloading file PSA_17.0.15/plesk-17.0.15-deb8.0-x86_64.inf3 (retry 1 of 3): Recv failure: Connection reset by peer. Will retry in 2 second(s)...
How can i resolve this?

EDIT:
With wget i have no problem to get the file.

When can we expect Ubuntu 16.04 support in the beta?

The changelog already mentions it, e.g.:

On CentOS 7, Debian 8, and Ubuntu 16 servers, the “Resource Controller” component can now be installed via Plesk Installer.

However installer doesn't seem to support it yet...

--2016-09-03 14:12:59-- http://autoinstall.plesk.com/Parallels_Installer/parallels_installer_Ubuntu_16.04_x86_64
Resolving autoinstall.plesk.com (autoinstall.plesk.com)... 93.184.221.133
Connecting to autoinstall.plesk.com (autoinstall.plesk.com)|93.184.221.133|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
2016-09-03 14:12:59 ERROR 404: Not Found.
ERROR: Unable to run Plesk Installer. Possible reasons:
1) You are trying to run Plesk Installer on an unsupported OS. Your OS is Ubuntu-16.04. The list of supported OS is at http://docs.plesk.com/release-notes/current/software-require
ments/
2) Temporary network problem. Check your connection to autoinstall.plesk.com, contact your provider or open a support ticket.

Hello I am trying plesk onyx. But when i am using nginx only then perl scripts are not working, They showing only source code as they are working properly with apache nginx proxy. please let me know how to configure nginx and plesk to run perl scripts in nginx mode. Thanks

Hi,
At the moment I'm trying to test onyx but can't get activation key. Is someone can help me?
Thanks in advance

Hi,
At the moment I'm trying to test onyx but can't get activation key. Is someone can help me?
Thanks in advance

Agreed. Not getting an email on either email address with an activation key. Absolutely going nuts waiting for the amazing advancements in Onyx!!

trying to install Plesk Onyx 17.5 on CentOS 6.8 64bit
loged on as root and executed

Code:
sh <(curl http://autoinstall.plesk.com/one-click-installer || wget -O - http://autoinstall.plesk.com/one-click-installer) --tier testing

everything seems fine until: postfix-perl-scripts-2.6.6-6.el6_7.1.x86_64 requires postfix = 2:2.6.6-6.el6_7.1

Code:
Gathering information about the installed license key...
Launching component and product checkers...
Downloading file PSA_17.0.15/examiners/disk_space_check.sh: 0%
Downloading file PSA_17.0.15/examiners/disk_space_check.sh: 100% was finished.
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
NGINX-thirdparty                                         | 2.9 kB     00:00
PHP_5_6-thirdparty                                       | 2.9 kB     00:00
PHP_7_0-thirdparty                                       | 2.9 kB     00:00
PLESK_17_0_15-dist                                       | 2.9 kB     00:00
PLESK_17_0_15-extras                                     | 2.9 kB     00:00
PLESK_17_0_15-thirdparty                                 | 2.9 kB     00:00
PLESK_17_NGINX                                           | 2.9 kB     00:00
PLESK_17_PHP56                                           | 2.9 kB     00:00
PLESK_17_PHP70                                           | 2.9 kB     00:00
Attempt to remove 'dovecot' to resolve conflict has succeeded
Exception: Failed to solve dependencies:
2:postfix-perl-scripts-2.6.6-6.el6_7.1.x86_64 requires postfix = 2:2.6.6-6.el6_7.1

ERROR: The Yum utility failed to install the required packages.
Attention! Your software might be inoperable.
Please, contact product technical support.
[root@server /]#

checking postfix version, everything seems to be fine = postfix 2.6.6
Code:
[root@server /]# postconf -d | grep mail_version
mail_version = 2.6.6
milter_macro_v = $mail_name $mail_version

Last edited:
We are expecting official Ubuntu 16.04 support in the next Plesk Onyx preview, so please wait a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back