• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Skins/Interface

Markus_Eyrich

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

I'm trying to customise my default client/domain admin Interfaces since our customers only should see very specific options. As far as i can see now, this is getting even more impossible than with Plesk 8.x. If i disable some of the options showed, i also can't see them, even if logged in as Admin into Plesk. This doesn't make sense?! Also i don't understand why Parallels didn't just create this stuff with permissions. I know i can turn off a lot by permissions, but not everything. Let's say i only want to have a customer see and configure email and web statistics, but nothing more, this is impossible?! Why?

greets

Markus

And… if you disable "Applications" or do not even have a license for this feature… it is shown up in the navigation anyway.

I'm trying to customise my default client/domain admin Interfaces since our customers only should see very specific options. As far as i can see now, this is getting even more impossible than with Plesk 8.x. If i disable some of the options showed, i also can't see them, even if logged in as Admin into Plesk. This doesn't make sense?! Also i don't understand why Parallels didn't just create this stuff with permissions. I know i can turn off a lot by permissions, but not everything. Let's say i only want to have a customer see and configure email and web statistics, but nothing more, this is impossible?! Why?
And… if you disable "Applications" or do not even have a license for this feature… it is shown up in the navigation anyway.
Up, I am in the same situation. I upgraded to 9.0.1, but now I have less availability than 8.6 with client's interface.

Thanks per advance ;)

Hello,

Note that you can set up different Home Pages for various types of Plesk users at Home > Interface Management > Home Page Presets. Presets can de applied to already existing users. For example, you can go Home > Client Accounts > [Client's name] >Interface Preferences and choose home page preset for the client.

Regards,
Denis.

I found this and it works. However, when I am logged in as the admin I now only see the items I chose for the client to see, and the option to put the other stuff back is gone. When you are logged in as the admin you need to be able to see all of the options on the homepage, especially the choice to enable them again.

I agree with the above.

If you disable things for the domain administrator to see, you should still be able to see them when logged in as admin.

And even if you disable "Applications", you can still see it in the side navigation menu when logged in as domain administrator.

Back