• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue unable to install plesk panel in windows server 2019

pranay

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
windows server 2019
Plesk version and microupdate number
obsidian 18.0.30
Hello, I am trying to install Plesk in windows server but its not happening getting below error any body got any idea regarding this

1675415906709.png

Hello,
The following url is opening in my environment but when launching auto installer its throws error provided in above post . Can you assist how can I install plesk in windows server

1675421250177.png

We've checked the logs here and do not see any 403 errors logged. Also as you can access the directory, downloading the files must also be possible. Maybe an antivirus software is blocking downloads of .exe files? Our best guesses are that your network or computer is using an antivirus/security software that is filtering traffic or blocking download of .exe files, that you are not connected to the internet directly but through a proxy from where the 403 is generated, or a VPN that is redirecting traffic to a wrong IP.

Hello,
Kindly refer to the logs generated during plesk installation and do let us know what configuration is required in firewall

As said before, the 403 error is not generated by our systems. No such error has been logged here. This means that some other system in between interferes with traffic. We don't know your local network and installation, so unfortunately we will not be able to manage this or you.

@pranay - Please ensure that any third party anti-virus software is disabled. I would also say disable any third party firewalls (and even the windows built in firewall) temporary and try again. If you get 403 error again, try downloading the file that is listed and see if it lets you. If it does then at that point we will know that there's some software on your server that is doing something weird to prevent the script from doing it's thing.

The problem looks like your Firewall is blocking access to download executable files (.exe and .msi). Please check your Firewall settings, or disable it while the update is in progress.

Back