• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

updating to PHP 5

F

funkymonkey

Ive been researching for days on how to update my php 4.3 to 5.1.4 so that I can use php_mysqli.dll for Joomla, if anybody can give me advice id really appreciate it. Ive only found resources on how to do it with plesk for linux, im running IIS 6 on my server with plesk 7.5.6

Plesk 7.6 has native php 5 support. Moreover Apache works on php5

hi - am new to this forum, but im interested, whether this update procedure worked for you - i tried it several times on a testing system, and after that i'm not able to use the controlpanel anymore... i followed the whole steps exactly....
thanks!

i just switched to a linux box, now everything runs smooth

Can't get it installed either following these steps. Any suggestions?

hi all, the procedure worked for me now - if you follow all the steps from the posted article - plesk will not function porperly;
if you run the plesk reconfigurator afterwards though (and choose all the available options), it will correctly repair your installation, and stay on PHP5
- at least thats my experience....

I succeeded too following the steps. However it seams only to work as ISAPI then and not as CGI.

In Plesk 7.6.1

simply create ".php" extension mapping from IIS : right click "Web Sites" : "Home Directory" tab >Configuration>Mappings

click "Cache ISAPI Extensions" then click "Add"

Executable: "C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\Additional\Php\php.exe"

Extension: .php

Verbs: All Verbs

so, even your PLESK will be faster and your php scripts work correctly! I tried it!

Back