1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

updating to PHP 5

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by funkymonkey, Jun 16, 2006.

1. funkymonkey

funkymonkey Guest

Ive been researching for days on how to update my php 4.3 to 5.1.4 so that I can use php_mysqli.dll for Joomla, if anybody can give me advice id really appreciate it. Ive only found resources on how to do it with plesk for linux, im running IIS 6 on my server with plesk 7.5.6

2. JackL

JackL Guest

3. ColorPrint

ColorPrint Guest

BTW, Horde IMP H3 (4.1) is compatible with PHP5 now :)

4. Gris@

Gris@ Guest

Plesk 7.6 has native php 5 support. Moreover Apache works on php5

5. funkymonkey

funkymonkey Guest

6. schpez

schpez Guest

hi - am new to this forum, but im interested, whether this update procedure worked for you - i tried it several times on a testing system, and after that i'm not able to use the controlpanel anymore... i followed the whole steps exactly....
    thanks!

7. funkymonkey

funkymonkey Guest

i just switched to a linux box, now everything runs smooth

8. RiXarD

RiXarD Guest

Re: Re: updating to PHP 5

The tutorial you are linking too, does not work on my Plesk 7.6!
    Maybe it works for 7.5, but not 7.6! After applying the steps in the tutorial, Plesk states that there is no PHP installed anymore!

Does anyone know how to do it right?

9. ArticSun

ArticSun Guest

Can't get it installed either following these steps. Any suggestions?

10. Gris@

Gris@ Guest

try to replace php folder only

11. schpez

schpez Guest

hi all, the procedure worked for me now - if you follow all the steps from the posted article - plesk will not function porperly;
    if you run the plesk reconfigurator afterwards though (and choose all the available options), it will correctly repair your installation, and stay on PHP5
    - at least thats my experience....

12. ArticSun

ArticSun Guest

I succeeded too following the steps. However it seams only to work as ISAPI then and not as CGI.

13. ikovan55

ikovan55 Guest

In Plesk 7.6.1

simply create ".php" extension mapping from IIS : right click "Web Sites" : "Home Directory" tab >Configuration>Mappings

click "Cache ISAPI Extensions" then click "Add"

Executable: "C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\Additional\Php\php.exe"

Extension: .php

Verbs: All Verbs

so, even your PLESK will be faster and your php scripts work correctly! I tried it!