• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Feature-requests for Plesk 7.1's successor

I'd also like to have more control over access rights. For instance, I'd prefer that my customers not be able to change their passwords manually. It'd be nice to be able to enable/disable this thru the control panel.

Originally posted by matt.simpson
This is how qMail handles internal mail delivery, it's not a Plesk thing.

Matt, I could not find a single thing that this is the way qmail handles mail. I think this is something that the plesk group added. Hopefully they eliminate this niusance.

Originally posted by waremock
Matt, I could not find a single thing that this is the way qmail handles mail. I think this is something that the plesk group added. Hopefully they eliminate this niusance.

Incorrect. The number indicates which virtualdomain the email address belongs to.

RTFM.

Here is the problem that I'm having.
Email process in plesk (qmail) will be tagged with a number just before the email address in the email header.

Example:

Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Delivered-To: [email protected]
Received: (qmail 18295 invoked by uid 110); 18 May 2004 04:39:24 -0000
Delivered-To: [email protected]

Where "[email protected]" is the catch-all box.

Then a POP3 downloader will collect email from the plesk server to deliver email to the exchange server.

Problems:
1) When someone BCC to a user of abc.com.sg, an error of "NO VALID RECIPIENTS FOR MESSAGE" occur.

2) Same problem when someone send to a mailing list, where a user of abc.com.sg is in the list.

No problem when To: & CC: field has a valid email address of the recipients.

So the tagging of a number before the email address in the email header become an invalid email address when it reach another email server like exchange server, thus resulted in mail delivery error.

Anyone has any Idea how to fix this problem?

You could try running odeiavir on the mail account with the -r option to force the rewriting of the 'To:' header.

Search these forums for odeiavir - it's a virus scanner interface for qmail.

I'd also find it useful to have an "Administrator Notes" area somewhere in the interface that was available to the admin only. Just a little textarea or something that I could type a bit of info in either for future reference or for another admin to see or something.

I think this would be handy and simple.

~Matt Simpson

Is there a simple way to email all your clients from plesk yet? If not I would like that.

Yes! This should be simple to do, but I had to manually query the database from the commandline to pull the email addresses.

I think that displaying the size of each e-mail account on the "Mail" page would be extremely useful. I often get e-mails from people who's domain is over their limits and they're not sure who to contact within their organisation to delete their old mail from the server.

This would be very useful.

Regards,
Matt Simpson

Originally posted by smtalk
Ability to change root password in PLESK.

Plesk doesn't run as root (security advantage) and doesn't know the root password. I don't want this adding as it will mean some of our customers who have been delegated admin access will have full root access to the server.

The ability to list all domains under a client using the creation utilities.

I understand this is possible with the right MySQL query, but having this feature built into the creation utilities would help reduce the possible amount of changes made when adapting existing in-house scripts to newer Plesk versions.

More FTP users for one domain !

More ftp users for one domain with the ability to map directory where user lands.

Regards
Joao Correia

One suggestion I have is to install Nagios with some default plugins for monitoring Plesk web services.

Nagios is a open-source server monitoring tool, (www.nagios.org), you can get the rpms and install it to monitor several features of your server and report if anything goes amiss.

I don't think it'll work if the server goes totally belly up (as it lives on the server and sends emails out on error), but in conjunction with a simple remote port monitor it could be a very effective value-added feature to Plesk.

I've just seen a post on another thread:

Apart from the firewall module Plesk is working on to place in 7.5? I'd rather plesk could simply integrate APF and provide a web interface to the apf.conf file. Much easier than writing your own guys, and APF is stable, mature and reliable. You could stick BFD in as well.

Yes, the suggestion: allow a user to untar (or unzip) a file from the file manager. Currently, if you don't have SSH access, you must untar an archive and ftp the whole lot, file by file which takes ages. An untar option in the web file manager would provide a useful function for clients who aren;t allowed SSH access.

Web statistics ! - AWSTATS

Better looking and more features !

awstats

How about a way to see real-time or near real-time bandwidth usage by domain.

Well, Plesk 7.1's successor is available now: Plesk 7.5

Lets hope that most of this suggestions were considered for being included and that this 7 pages were not just a waste of time. :)

Regards!

Back