1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Is Migration Manager able to 'migrate' from a bad disk?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by Poof, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Poof

Poof Guest

What I mean is, I have the old OS+Plesk on hdc3 and my newly installed OS on hda3. Is it possible to use Migration Manager to move the old domains/emails/settings to the new install?

By dead, I mean a bad OS install or even an OS upgrade. (Say from Linux to BSD.) So, a readable HDD, just not bootable.

2. breun

breun Golden Pleskian

You could try.

3. atomicturtle

atomicturtle Golden Pleskian

you could do something clever with binding the old dirs to the new ones, make a backup, and then restore with that.

4. Poof

Poof Guest

True that... But I'm not known for being clever when I'm currently acting like the server is on fire. >.>

Thanks art! Good idea there. =P

5. breun

breun Golden Pleskian

How about Migrating Data Using Data Import Feature? "If you have a hard disk with operating system and Plesk software installed, you can use the Import configuration feature of Plesk Migration Manager."