• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Removing the Virtuozzo spam from Plesk's interface

Originally posted by shaunewing
For those that have access to Key Administrator (partners, etc), did you know that you can remove the Virtuozzo and photo purchasing links from Plesk?

All you need to do is login to KA, find your key and upgrade it. Under "SWsoft Services Features" there are 'upgrades' to disable "Virtuozzo Promo" and "Fotolia".

I'm in the process of doing it to our keys now :)

Sounds good in principal, but KA is cumbersome, and with the number of keys we have (and number of servers, etc) ... it's not a quick fix.

I'm really REALLY disappointed in SWsoft for doing this.

not impressed :(

Re: Hotfix

Originally posted by Kanagaraj
Plesk Release New Hot fix for Removing Virtuozzo Spam.

What's new in build81061212.22
4.1 Changelog

1. [*] Now you can remove Virtuozzo promotion page, link to Fotolia site and Plesk news
2. [*] Application vault updates
3. [-] Several API, Backup, Migration manager bugs are fixed.
4. [-] Bug in filemanager within Safari is fixed.
5. [-] Issue with number of subdomains and domain aliases in Domains page is resolved.
6. [-] Issue with awstats icons is resolved.

4.2 Detailed description

1. Now you can remove Virtuozzo promotion page, link to Fotolia site and Plesk news

To remove a Virtuozzo promotion page, link to Fotolia web site and Plesk news, go to Server->Interface preferences, select the Hide Virtuozzo promotion, Hide Fotolia promotion, and Hide newsfeeds checkboxes, then click OK.
2. Application vault updates

The following application packages are updated: egroupware, gallery, plog, postnuke, tutos, typo, webcalendar, wordpress.

Thanks
Kanaggaraj

Nice ... why the hell should we have to opt to remove their spam.

What a waste of time. These options shouldn't even be in there. If they are there, they should be off by default and then you can turn them on if you want them.

Why are SWsoft trying to steal business from their customers? Sharp practices ... :(

I THINK THE BEST PRACTICE HERE WOULD BE IF EVERYONE STARTS A NEW POST INDIVIDUALLY ABOUT ALTERNATIVE CONTROL PANEL SOFTWARE TO PLESK, MAYBE WE COULD TAKE IT ONE STEP FURTHER AND POST ABOUT/PROMOTE VARIOUS COMPETING PRODUCTS TO SWSOFT, IN NORMAL CIRCUMSTANCES I WOULD HAVE SAID IT WOULD BE INAPPROPRIATE TO DO THIS ON THE SWSOFT FORUMS BUT BY THE EXAMPLE THEY HAVE SET IT IS ACTUALLY NO PROBLEM AT ALL !!! ... SO EVERYBODY POST AWAY, LET'S FLOOD THE FORUMS WITH PROMOTION OF ALTERNATIVES TO SWSOFT'S PRODUCTS AND SEE HOW THEY LIKE IT !!!!

Easy on the caps... I think you'll mostly harm their customers by flooding their forums. Better just contact your sales rep directly and tell them that you're not happy with their product.

Because they couldn't use the forums normally anymore. These forums are generally used by Plesk customers, not by Plesk employees. Swamping the forums with complaints is not really a solution.

I disagree

I disagree ..... noone is forced to read a post ..... there are millions, I only read and conribute to what I choose, nothing wrong with imparting useful information about alternative products to the SWSoft range, ...after all they decided it was OK to put their advertising in front of our customers ..... You need to make stronger stand in my opinion .... don't forget SWSoft's policy is NOT a complete turna-round they ae NOT removing all the advertising but just adding an option to switch it off, so it's clear what that their strategy still is to push this 'spam' as much as they can get away with .........

There's a "My Plesk" button I've only recently discovered in the control panel for an individual email account too. It points to myplesk.com which invites people to transfer their domains over to them.
Originally posted by breun
You can also hide that button under Interface Preferences.
I cannot find it?

TIA

The hotfix options remove the buttons but not the top right virtuozzo logo, or am I missing something??

Originally posted by nars
The hotfix options remove the buttons but not the top right virtuozzo logo, or am I missing something??

You're right ... that's still there

I wonder as a "class action" how much we can bill SWsoft for advertising to (spamming) our customers with this ****.

Must be worth a few million USD in page impressions at least.

Anyone care to take the batton?

Originally posted by jmorby
You're right ... that's still there

I wonder as a "class action" how much we can bill SWsoft for advertising to (spamming) our customers with this ****.

Must be worth a few million USD in page impressions at least.

Anyone care to take the batton?

Look guys, the news, and virtuozzo is just the small of it. Have any of you logged in as a client, click a domain, then click "mail" then clicked on a mail name?

Did you notice SW-SOFT put a nice icon in there of a "Red Present with a Bow"?

It takes you to Myplesk.com (where our clients have no need to go) and on that page they sell FU**ING GOOGLE DOMAINS AND SSL CERTIFICATES!!

WTF Sw-Soft! Christ are you retarded? Dont you realize that those are the EXACT PRODUCTS WE TRY TO SELL!

Any why did you "HIDE" it inside a Mail users controls?

Im switching to Cpanel on ALL 125+ Servers we currently have plesk on!

While they are at it why don't they include a feature to switch OFF or HIDE ALL references and icons for DR WEB for those of us who prefer to use an alternative anti-virus option ..... it's about time.

SWSoft have been taking liberties with their customers for sometime now and making it awkward to use another anti-virus program with some of the Dr Web icons still remaining in the Plesk CP is just one example of this, in fact in Plesk 8 ity's my understanding they've made even more difficulut for a third party to remove Dr Web icons in the Plesk CP. I'm only sorry they had to go this far before people really started making a stand aginst their tactics !!

I know this is a little late, but I wanted to add my opinion to the fray--the ads do completely cheapen Plesk. It seems like with every version lately I have less functionality in the control panel (I have an ev1 server and my license has more and more restrictions every upgrade) and more ads and SWSoft spam. It's getting to the point where I'm ready to bail on Plesk if things don't turn around quickly. I ONLY want a good control panel, I don't need software with arbitrary restrictions and ads for products I don't need and don't care to have my clients see.

SWSOFT in short if you don't want to lose your customers ...

Don't sell us your software then try to steal the business of our customers and promote your spam....

Stop trying to force us to buy Dr Web licenses and make sure we can COMPLETELY turn off/hide all the Dr Web stuff in Plesk as it makes life very difficult, although I'm sure SWsoft are aware of this which is probably why they do it !

I've been looking at WHM/Cpanel and some of the custom skins available (there are a lot out there), if things don't change direction quickly with what's happening to Plesk I'll be looking at switching in the near future for ourselves and all of our clients...

In short show your customers some respect if you give a sh*t about them, if you don't then you will be losing customers in large numbers very quickly !

After spending a day and a half to install 8.1 on a fresh FBSD 6.1 server, solving many many problems that could have been take care of by the 'auto'installer (did anyone at Swsoft really test this installer?...well did it work? no way in hell it did!)
I logged in for the first time to see what bugs are included this time...
Now I can live with the virtuozzo spam, although its ugly and simply not done in a paid product.
To see this picture scheme spam really pissed me off.
I actually do think that Swsoft thinks we're all 15 year olds who will take this **** :mad:

So I visited this forum to find out about whats with this (maybe I can add my own reseller code or something?) and how to remove it.
So now I find out about this little red boxed present we get from our supplier.
I can't believe my eyes.. :eek:

We do not have 125+ servers like someone above mentioned, but I'm certainly going to look hard for a alternative for the 30 servers we have.

Swsoft, get to your senses, you're committing suïcide with this!

Back