• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 12.5 preview feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
i do not know, if this is the right thread, but I try it :)
After the upgrade from Plesk 12.1.24 to 12.1.25 it is not possible, to Login into plesk control Panel, I get http error 500.
Ubuntu 14.4 is the operating System.
Best regards and move me question to the right thread, if needed.

Some things I found:

1. CentOS 7 forces a "service named-chroot restart" after fresh install or named fails to work (this is even on Plesk 12 stable). I have reproduced it reliably several times and is reported elsewhere on the forums.

2. Cloudflare extension fails to work, results in an "API Error" when activating sites.

3. Litespeed extension installs Litespeed and all is well until you try to start or restart litespeed then it fails.

4. Fresh install CentOS 7, installing Fail2Ban and ModSecurity at the same time - attempting to activate jails in Fail2Ban without visiting or saving settings in ModSecurity first results in failure to switch jails on with error output at top of page.

5. Installatron extension fails with error, "Your account has no domains" when trying to install Apps

6. "Website Copying" feature is not very intuitive for WordPress installs. I don't believe it copies the database and also doesn't integrate with the WordPress toolkit. Some sort of feature would be nice to clone a WordPress install

7. WordPress Multisite support would be nice. The Plesk Installer seems to allow multisite out of the box for subdomain only but subdirectories are impossible as WP complains about it being an old install. How about adding selection boxes like Installatron does to enable Multisite (and per subdomain or subdirectory) on initial install?

8. WordPress toolkit should integrate with backups so it can automatically create a backup before updating. It's off putting there is a warning message before manually updating to backup your site first but the Automatic Update has no such warning.

Last edited:
Cool stuff added in 12.1.26 preview:
  1. Debian 8 and in-place upgrade from Debian 7 to Debian 8 are supported.
  2. Support for the Composer PHP dependency manager was added.
  3. Custom PHP builds for Debian 6 were removed from the Plesk repositories.
  4. Instead of private IP addresses, Plesk behind NAT now displays the corresponding public IP addresses in its interface.
  5. Support for the apc and the xcache modules was added in PHP versions 5.4 and earlier. Support for the opcache module was added for PHP version 5.5 and greater.
  6. The "Allow activating APS apps using license keys from the Plesk license pool" permission was removed.
  7. The "Use FTP storage" checkbox was added to the "FTP Storage Settings" screen.

Thank u igor, but an dist-upgrade (i change sources.list) to jessie -> apt-get update -> everything else plesk will get hit with jessie, plesk with wheezy, when i will run apt-get dist-upgrade -> everything with plesk will be deleted?

because apt-get tells me, psa-* will be removed when i type Yes
So, you have Plesk 12.1 with latest MU installed on Debian7 and you run apt-get dist-upgrade and see psa-* will be removed?

correctly Igor, i made it other i changed /etc/apt/source.list to jessie, the run apt-get update and then apt-get upgrade so the minimal update will be run, now i run sh plesk-install --all-Versions, i updated to plesk 12.1.26 Debian 8, but now, it even get Jessie and Wheezy listed ? how to remove wheezy from the source.list ? because it is not in there ? so it won't get hit any more

and finaly i ran apt-get dist-upgrade, so the System should be correctly upgraded, no i Need only to check Apache configs there now some Errors which will Apache won't let start

Sorry, I don't know Jessie or Wheezy or Potato :) I know only Debian7 or Debian8 :)
As far as I know all should work by default without any special modifications of /etc/apt/source.list.
Look - you have default Debian7 with default Plesk 12.1 MU#53 and and you just run apt-get dist-upgrade
If I correctly understand all should work fine in this case.

Wheezy Debian7, Jessie Debian8

i changed the source.list to Debian8 the i tryed to run apt-get dist-upgrade -> which would result in Deinstallation of all plesk packaged, now i was made it like posted before, now i have Debian8 and plesk 12.1.26 installed, only Need to check the config Errors,

Code:
Starting web server: apache2 failed!
The apache2 configtest failed. ... (warning).
Output of config test was:
apache2: Syntax error on line 265 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Syntax error on line 7 of /etc/apache2/conf.d/zz010_psa_httpd.conf: No matches for the wildcard '*.conf' in '/etc/apache2/plesk.conf.d/forwarding', failing (use IncludeOptional if required)
Action 'configtest' failed.
The Apache error log may have more Information.

i see that /etc/apache2/plesk.conf.d/forwarding is empty...

there is preparation script which will perform all necessary steps before dist-upgrade:
/usr/lib/plesk-9.0/distupgrade.helper.deb7-deb8_pre.x64.sh

then (dist-upgrade itself):
# aptitude update
# aptitude upgrade
# aptitude dist-upgrade
(you may try to use apt-get instead but you may get errors with apache restart during dist-upgrade)

Read messages carefully, make sure you are not trying to install systemd :)
when finished, run plesk post installation script:
/usr/lib/plesk-9.0/distupgrade.helper.deb7-deb8_post.x64.sh

Thank u, what is the problem wirh systemd?

i run the post.sh script, which will repaired everything now, only one Problem is not solved, ioncube won't work anymore,

i run: dpkg-reconfigure php5-ioncube-loader ioncubeloader was changed from 5.4 to 5.6 but my webiste said ioncube not laoded, in phpinfo ioncube is already not loaded...

*EDIT*

created symlinks from /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d and and every other

ok i see the mistake with systemd, /usr/systemd/System/psa.service Need chmod 0644 to run correctly, but after install is hase 0770 chmod, so it won't start

Last edited:
There is no problem with systemd, but we recommend first perform dist-upgrade to distinguish problems called by dist-upgrade itself and switch from sysvinit to systemd if you wish.

Problem with ioncube is known and will be fixed soon.
Incorrect unit permissions will be also fixed.
thanks for report!

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

Due to significant amount of large-scale changes in upcoming Plesk release we have decided to change its version number from 12.1 to 12.5. We believe this new version number better reflects the scope of our latest work. This change will be already visible in the next Plesk preview build and in our public communication channels like our forum or our twitter. Stay tuned for the release date announcement!

brace-plesk125.png

Hi everyone,

Due to significant amount of large-scale changes in upcoming Plesk release we have decided to change its version number from 12.1 to 12.5. We believe this new version number better reflects the scope of our latest work. This change will be already visible in the next Plesk preview build and in our public communication channels like our forum or our twitter. Stay tuned for the release date announcement!

Did you guys make any changes to the UI design?
You asked me to create a "User Voice" suggestion and I created it here:
http://plesk.uservoice.com/forums/1...ions/8467435-design-a-better-responsive-theme
but it was marked down as "completed" so no one else could vote on it

you practically shut it down when there were more than 112 votes :(

10447088_1130038267010151_4357041506519635642_n.jpg

Did you guys make any changes to the UI design?
You asked me to create a "User Voice" suggestion and I created it here:
http://plesk.uservoice.com/forums/1...ions/8467435-design-a-better-responsive-theme
but it was marked down as "completed" so no one else could vote on it

you practically shut it down when there were more than 112 votes :(

This "User Voice" suggestion was about "better responsive theme". "Responsive" means adaptation to multiple devices. And it was significantly improved in 12.5 - you can check Plesk UI on your smartphone and let us know if you have any issues.

This "User Voice" suggestion was about "better responsive theme". "Responsive" means adaptation to multiple devices. And it was significantly improved in 12.5 - you can check Plesk UI on your smartphone and let us know if you have any issues.
Yes, it was about "a better responsive theme" for the preview version.
I mentioned that the current design is "awfully outdated and extremely ugly".

I don't have any issue with you guys being busy implementing core files but don't call it "significantly improved" in UI perspective because if you show that to any UX designer they gonna laugh at it.

I can create a Reddit topic and see how many people agree on this point. Plesk's UI team is keep saying "we improved" but what improvement? the 2009 improvements? Call it "Change" and not "improvement"

again, this is just a suggestion, since you asked for a feedback and I did my duty as a user.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back