• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 12.5 preview feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please add a way to increase the FcgidIOTimeout (or FPM equivalent) for FPM in the Hosting Settings & Packages screen. I have PHP timeout set to 300 however Apache takes a dump after 30 seconds (error 503) while the PHP thread continues to run in the background

I don't think the design is that bad.. it has a modern flat feel to it and at least looks much better then Plesk's 12 theme that looks like it's from 2005.

Can't unsatisfied customers simply create a theme and use it/is there a theme manager like cPanel? Not everyone is going to like the same thing and I've found that only those who have issues with something take action, while perfectly satisfied users remain silent. i.e. I've never received a chat or phone call from a customer in my experience just to say "Keep up the good work, it rocks!"

I have a little issue on fresh Parallel Plesk 12.1.26 installation on Debian 8.1 Jessie.

#1 : After installation semms to be missing theme folder (css and other files like "icons.css"), btw to fix this I had copy entire "theme" folder from antother box with plesk working to new one. Issue #1 is solved.

#2 : Now After I make first domain plesk configuration there isn't possible to set an ip address. I have read the FAQ and this seems to be related to "shared ip" configuration, btw I have setted shared ip on parallel via shell command and via mysql command but problem still persist and I can't cotinue first domain setup. Anyone have same issue or to know how to solve this ?

12.1.26 -- some PHP oddities under Centos 6.

With "php from OS vendor" and the Nginx option "php-fpm support from OS vendor" installed, the options that can be selected for php 5.3.3 (OS vendor) are:

1) CGI application served by apache
2) fastcgi application served by apache
3) FPM application served by nginx
4) apache module served by apache

But if you select "fpm application served by nginx" and click on Apply, you end up with the drop-down showing "fastcgi application served by apache" which is obviously not what was selected.

And it gets stranger....

If at this point you remove "php-fpm support from OS vendor" and go back to look at the hosting settings, it will show "FPM application" has been selected. So not "fpm application served by nginx" which is what it was last showing, and not even "fpm application served by nginx" which you wouldn't expect it to say when talking about fpm even if you have removed the module!

But wait-- there's more...

If you make no changes and just click on Apply, you end up with the PHP version having changed to show 5.4.37 and "fastcgi application served by apache" being selected again.

And ....

For php 5.4.37, the other option apart from "fastcgi application served by apache" is "FPM application served by nginx". If you select that and click on Apply....the drop down goes back to showing "fastcgi application served by apache" rather than the option you selected.

So something is a little bit confused here. Either options that should not be shown as being shown, or the wrong selection is being shown, or ??

Faris.

I have a little issue on fresh Parallel Plesk 12.1.26 installation on Debian 8.1 Jessie.

#1 : After installation semms to be missing theme folder (css and other files like "icons.css"), btw to fix this I had copy entire "theme" folder from antother box with plesk working to new one. Issue #1 is solved.

#2 : Now After I make first domain plesk configuration there isn't possible to set an ip address. I have read the FAQ and this seems to be related to "shared ip" configuration, btw I have setted shared ip on parallel via shell command and via mysql command but problem still persist and I can't cotinue first domain setup. Anyone have same issue or to know how to solve this ?
It looks like your installation was not fully completed. check autoinstaller logs for errors.

Last edited:
Found a bug with the Wordpress functions, specifically "Security"

I've noticed that across several fresh preview installs (CentOS 6&7) that the WP Toolkit refuses to secure permissions for files and directories. This happens randomly and sometimes it'll work per Wordpress install, sometimes not other installs. The WP instances were installed using Plesk's WP toolkit

Here is a screencast

I've delt with several companies, trying to submit QA feedback and have failed miserably. Ranging from no reply or confirmation to response of a canned reply that has nothing to do with the feedback I'm providing. Reports such as bind-chroot failing on fresh installs of CentOS 7 (even on Plesk stable) have yet to be responded to, may I ask for some reassurance that my reports aren't going in the trash bin (at least for this WP-Toolkit issue)?

Last edited:
Found a bug with the Wordpress functions, specifically "Security"

I've noticed that across several fresh preview installs (CentOS 6&7) that the WP Toolkit refuses to secure permissions for files and directories. This happens randomly and sometimes it'll work per Wordpress install, sometimes not other installs. The WP instances were installed using Plesk's WP toolkit

Here is a screencast

I've delt with several companies, trying to submit QA feedback and have failed miserably. Ranging from no reply or confirmation to response of a canned reply that has nothing to do with the feedback I'm providing. Reports such as bind-chroot failing on fresh installs of CentOS 7 (even on Plesk stable) have yet to be responded to, may I ask for some reassurance that my reports aren't going in the trash bin (at least for this WP-Toolkit issue)?

Hi Ross,

I've encountered this issue before a couple of times, but I couldn't easily reproduce it, unfortunately. Thanks for making a screencast to confirm it. Can you share any details on the hosting you've used for reproducing the issue on the screencast (in particular, which PHP version and handler are used)?

Yes, it was about "a better responsive theme" for the preview version.
I mentioned that the current design is "awfully outdated and extremely ugly".

I don't have any issue with you guys being busy implementing core files but don't call it "significantly improved" in UI perspective because if you show that to any UX designer they gonna laugh at it.

I can create a Reddit topic and see how many people agree on this point. Plesk's UI team is keep saying "we improved" but what improvement? the 2009 improvements? Call it "Change" and not "improvement"

again, this is just a suggestion, since you asked for a feedback and I did my duty as a user.

Hi Jim,

We do value your feedback -- and thank you very much for taking your time and sharing your thoughts with us -- but we have to keep things clear and straightforward for every party involved. Uservoice requests, in particular, are very difficult to process if they contain multiple requested items ("do this, this and this"). For example, it's impossible to properly resolve a multi-item request if one item is a bug, another item is a good suggestion we want to do, one more item is already done, and the last item does not make sense to us.

Your Uservoice suggestion was to create a "responsive" theme (suggestion title itself) with somewhat different suggestion text that mentioned outdated UI (without any particular specifics, unlike your posts on the forum). We did make Plesk UI responsive, that's why we've closed the suggestion as completed -- that is the only thing we could realistically do, address the specific and clear issue we understood and acted on. If you believe that Plesk UI is outdated and can be improved, please create another Uservoice suggestion with as many details as possible (please add all information you've shared on the forum and include as many specifics as possible, since phrases like "I don't like your UI" are not particularly actionable).

I hope you understand where we are coming from Jim -- we care about your feedback, but the limitations of services we use force us to take certain actions that might not make everyone happy.

Hi,
i do not know, if this is the right thread, but I try it :)
After the upgrade from Plesk 12.1.24 to 12.1.25 it is not possible, to Login into plesk control Panel, I get http error 500.
Ubuntu 14.4 is the operating System.
Best regards and move me question to the right thread, if needed.
First of all you need to try to find related error messages in following log files - /var/log/sw-cp-server/error_log and /var/log/sw-cp-server/sw-engine.log
After that discussion would be much more productive.
Also you can just re-install your test preview server to latest Plesk version (I hope that you do not use it in production :))

1. CentOS 7 forces a "service named-chroot restart" after fresh install or named fails to work (this is even on Plesk 12 stable). I have reproduced it reliably several times and is reported elsewhere on the forums.

Our dev & QA teams are already checking this issue out, thanks!

2. Cloudflare extension fails to work, results in an "API Error" when activating sites.

We are planning to release an updated CloudFlare extension with some premium features very soon -- according to our testing, it works well in Plesk 12.5 (at least without the issue you're reporting).

3. Litespeed extension installs Litespeed and all is well until you try to start or restart litespeed then it fails.

I'll have to check it with Litespeed guys, thanks for letting us know.

4. Fresh install CentOS 7, installing Fail2Ban and ModSecurity at the same time - attempting to activate jails in Fail2Ban without visiting or saving settings in ModSecurity first results in failure to switch jails on with error output at top of page.

I've reported this to dev team, thanks!

5. Installatron extension fails with error, "Your account has no domains" when trying to install Apps

We don't have access to Installatron extension, so I can't verify this -- I'll have to contact Installatron guys and ask them about their extension (we could also add it into our extension catalog).

"Website Copying" feature is not very intuitive for WordPress installs. I don't believe it copies the database and also doesn't integrate with the WordPress toolkit. Some sort of feature would be nice to clone a WordPress install

Yeah, this is a feature we've neglected for quite some time, unfortunately. The good news is we are planning to improve this feature in the next Plesk version (the one after 12.5) -- our aim is to introduce proper cloning mechanism for websites and web apps.

7. WordPress Multisite support would be nice. The Plesk Installer seems to allow multisite out of the box for subdomain only but subdirectories are impossible as WP complains about it being an old install. How about adding selection boxes like Installatron does to enable Multisite (and per subdomain or subdirectory) on initial install?

I think it's a perfectly valid request. The only reason we are not doing it already is that Multisite WordPress doesn't seem that popular. It shouldn't be too difficult to implement, though.

8. WordPress toolkit should integrate with backups so it can automatically create a backup before updating. It's off putting there is a warning message before manually updating to backup your site first but the Automatic Update has no such warning.

That's something we have on our table for next version of Plesk as well. Moreover, we'd like to explore the possibility of making an automated rollback from pre-upgrade autobackup if upgrade goes wrong.

PS. Judging by the amount of feedback on WPT, it makes sense for me to create a survey about WordPress-related features and ask you guys what you think are the most important things missing from WPT currently. I would appreciate if you could participate in that survey too, Ross. :)

Last edited:
New stuff in Plesk 12.5.27 preview:
  1. PostgreSQL 9.4 is now supported.
  2. CloudLinux7 is now supported.
  3. Administrators and resellers can switch between Power User view and Service Provider view by clicking Change View in the navigation pane.
  4. Administrators can update the PHP version provided with Plesk to the next minor version via the standard "apt" or "yum" packaging tool.
  5. Multiple API improvements.
  6. During Plesk upgrade, unsupported extensions are disabled.
  7. If the "FPM application served by nginx" PHP handler was used for a subscription, the "max_execution time" option was not applied to PHP scripts. (PPP-16509) -- @Ross_Fisher, check this one out, as you've reported it on the top of this page.

Even though Igor has noted in another thread that this is in a "planned" status (having been around since May of 2013), it would be great to see this implemented in the 12.5 production release! https://plesk.uservoice.com/forums/...3703858-multiple-backup-rules-or-more-options

It's still one of the biggest differences that makes Plesk lag behind CPanel from a feature comparison perspective, especially since CPanel doesn't require command line crons to do this.

Hello, i'm realy stupid, but i can't find: Administrators and resellers can switch between Power User view and Service Provider view by clicking Change View in the navigation pane.

i hate the Power User View.... in my Settings, i'm only able to enable Power User View.

Hello, i'm realy stupid, but i can't find: Administrators and resellers can switch between Power User view and Service Provider view by clicking Change View in the navigation pane.

i hate the Power User View.... in my Settings, i'm only able to enable Power User View.

What Plesk edition you are using? If you're using Web Admin or Web App edition, Service Provider view isn't available for you since you don't have account, subscription or reseller management.

Thank you, i think it is an Web Edition.

Then i Need to upgrade, in the description to the Licenses by my Provider is PowerUser/Service Provider view also on Web Edition marked as available.

Hi,

we test the new Plesk 12.5.x Preview with real Customer Accounts.
How can we stop Emails sends to the Customers?

E.g.:
A new customer account has been created.
or the Wordpress Updates Emails.

We use the Migrationsmanager.

Hi,

we test the new Plesk 12.5.x Preview with real Customer Accounts.
How can we stop Emails sends to the Customers?

E.g.:
A new customer account has been created.
or the Wordpress Updates Emails.

We use the Migrationsmanager.

Disable these notifications here Tools&Settings -> Notifications

I have a CloudLinux 7 server that I want to install Plesk on. If I install 12.5 Preview and setup a few sites for testing, then can that be upgraded/switched to production with a genuine license key when it is released?
Or will it be a wipe and reinstall?

Look forward to your response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back